BHA Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    The cry was hoof ball with GA but now not happy with tippy tappy. What style would suit?

I definitely don't want Ainsworth style hoofball.
    I like teams that play football on the floor and press , pass and move etc .
    I personally think Marti is a bit of a negative manager , in the sense that he is cautious and doesn't want to concede . He likes us to try and keep possesion and hopes that we can nick the odd goal and hold on .
    I think he is a decent manager but i don't think we have enough quality attacking players and pace in our team to suit his style at the moment . We just don't create enough chances in games and when we do , we don't have the players with enough composure to finish.
    Hopefully we are going to sign another striker with a bit of pace and a couple of wingers/ attacking midfielders , plus i hope this Varane can add a bit of pace and creativity to our midfield.
    We need at least another 3 starters not squad players , then i think we'll be fine .

Comment

Watched about 5 mins and knew we are my good enough or quick enough to play around with it at the back
      Hopefully we can bring it at home next Saturday

Comment

It doesnt bode well for a JCS windfall if he messing about with it against premiership opposition

Comment

Comment

A very sobering set of highlights if you can call them that. Not one shot on goal. JCS looked like he was still on his holidays. Can't see a prem team paying 10m for him. Colback is awful. A 34 year old who can't run and only passes backwards. Their pen was a dive. Not even contact with the lad. We look a very average team without chair and willock. Andersen is too slow and needs pace around him. We look miles off the pace and still haven't scored a goal since playing the dog and duck in girona.

fingers crossed we sign a couple of midfielders this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
              A very sobering set of highlights if you can call them that. Not one shot on goal. JCS looked like he was still on his holidays. Can't see a prem team paying 10m for him. Colback is awful. A 34 year old who can't run and only passes backwards. Their pen was a dive. Not even contact with the lad. We look a very average team without chair and willock. Andersen is too slow and needs pace around him. We look miles off the pace and still haven't scored a goal since playing the dog and duck in girona.

fingers crossed we sign a couple of midfielders this week.
              I thought what was more concerning was the continuation of trying to play out, when we didn't achieve it once.
              It might have been they were told to persevere against a really good side, just for learning purposes.
              So hopefully against sides that are doing this to us, we have a plan to get out playing longer
              We can't be playing tippy tappy around the box

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I thought what was more concerning was the continuation of trying to play out, when we didn't achieve it once.
                It might have been they were told to persevere against a really good side, just for learning purposes.
                So hopefully against sides that are doing this to us, we have a plan to get out playing longer
                We can't be playing tippy tappy around the box
                Most teams play out from back. Our style, so we have to keep going.

I watched game on TV. It was tough to watch. Brighton pressed really well. We didn't move ball quick enough maybe movement in midfield providing passing options wasn't good enough. We can work on this.

We're going to get caught out passing at back several times during season. Happens to every team.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Most teams play out from back. Our style, so we have to keep going.

I watched game on TV. It was tough to watch. Brighton pressed really well. We didn't move ball quick enough maybe movement in midfield providing passing options wasn't good enough. We can work on this.

We're going to get caught out passing at back several times during season. Happens to every team.
                  But we have to be able to change, is my point.
                  Marti actually said similar, if things are not going well.
                  We can't just give away goals just to play a pleasing style.
                  Results are still the business

Comment

Haven’t seen any pre-season matches live as I find them a waste of time & just seen brief highlights, so with all the comments about how we’ve been playing I will judge this Saturday but then again it might take them a few games for them to adjust

Comment

Working...
                    X