Ex QPR midfielder Walton to join Crewe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex QPR midfielder Walton to join Crewe

Midfielder Simon Walton is joining Crewe Alexandra on loan for the remainder of the current season, www.pafc.co.uk reports. He has had an often difficult period at Home Park, finding first team football difficult to come by and being placed on the transfer list by manager Paul Sturrock after the manager questioned his attitude.

He arrived from Queens Park Rangers for around £500,000 in 2008, before which he spent a season at Charlton after initially coming to prominence with Leeds United- where he made his first team debut at just 16. He has also had loan spells with Ipswich Town, Cardiff City and Blackpool as well as spending trial periods with Millwall and Scunthorpe United this summer.

http://fansonline.net/plymouthargyle/article.php?id=300

Shame for him, had high expectations when he signed for us. Gone downhill badly since then though :(

Yeah hes really hitting a low point! Shame though, i thought he was gonna do well......
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

We done some great buisness there, signed him for £300k, then he broke his leg, sold to Plymouth for an initial £500k which could have rose.

Comment

Very talented young man but I think he likes the showbiz lifestyle a bit too much!!!!

Comment

Thought he looked promising on a few games I saw him play.Away at plymouth when he played centre back,I thought he was immensebut obviously his bad attitude and application is ruining his football career.

Comment

Dont think any Plymouth fans will be sad to see him go. Sturrock certainly wont!!
            2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Think sturrock will be joining him..........

Comment

its a shame but the lad has a drink problem which when ur given the chance to play pro footy and earn lots of cash is a fookin waste

Comment

Working...
                X