Is Mark Hughes a transfer genius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mark Hughes a transfer genius?

All that huge amount business in the summer - how many mistakes were made that could be seen at the time?

Obviously leave aside the fact that the team has been bottom of the table all season and the subject of derision from experts and their own fans singing your only here for the money and Ryan Nelsen he plays on his own. Because if Hughes made only a couple of mistakes out of a dozen or so on the small budget he had for a struggling side he is a bit of a genius no?

*Ryan Nelsen
    *Andy Johnson
    *Robert Green
    *Samba Diakité
    *Park Ji-Sung
    *Junior Hoilett
    *José Bosingwa
    *Júlio César
    * Esteban Granero
    *Stéphane Mbia

Loans
    *Jay Bothroyd Fábio da Silva
    *Joey Barton
    *Rob Hulse
    *DJ Campbell
    Angelo Balanta

Are you taking the ****

Comment

No
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
        how many mistakes were made that could be seen at the time?
        plenty, and they were identified on here at the time as questionable.

That list is full of inconsistent, over paid performers and our relegation will be largely as a result of the chaotic goings on (on and off the park) at the time.

The role played by Hughes' notorious agent was also questioned on here at the time.

Hughes was a catastrophic manager in terms of tactics, business and man management. Nothing personal but he really fvucked the club up, aided and abetted by a misguided chairman. KJ must have thought all his Xmas' had come at once....

The OP was a wind up surely, but I dont care ;)

Comment

Not a wind up. Just interested that recently seen many Bosingwa is good isn't he, Granero is top class, Hoilett is the answer etc for a lot of the players (which is quite a change from just a couple of months ago) so I wanted to see how much has changed in the opinions.

And it was just about Hughes as a summer transfer window genius rather than as a manager.

None of you have named any mistakes in that list though - why if it was such a disaster of a window?

Comment

*Ryan Nelsen...........Good Signing
            *Andy Johnson.........Sicknote
            *Robert Green..........Decent signing
            *Samba Diakité.........Sh1t
            *Park Ji-Sung...........Sh1t
            *Junior Hoilett..........Uninterested (but getting fitter)
            *José Bosingwa........Uninterested
            *Júlio César.............Good Signing
            * Esteban Granero....Real Madrid my ####
            *Stéphane Mbia.......Sh1t

Overall a pretty poor go at signing players to keep us up by Hughes.

Comment

There's some good signings yes, but there were many who weren't interested under Mark. Mark's an awful manager who some how keeps getting Premier League jobs.

Fo me the killer for him wasn't the uninterested players, it was not signing 2 centre back ( Nelsen was one ) but we had Anton where as now we've got Samba. For me a good defence is better then a good attack
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                There's some good signings yes, but there were many who weren't interested under Mark. Mark's an awful manager who some how keeps getting Premier League jobs.

Fo me the killer for him wasn't the uninterested players, it was not signing 2 centre back ( Nelsen was one ) but we had Anton where as now we've got Samba. For me a good defence is better then a good attack
                dont think he'l get another

Comment

A lot of questions were asked at the time of the signings. Including the lack of CBs and goalscorers.
                  Johnson was a complete waste of time given his injury record.
                  I would rather he had signeda proper striker rather than Hoilett or Granero.
                  However, it isn't that all the player she signed are bad players, but more that they have not gelled as a team and that is largely down to him and the pay disparity between the squad.

Comment

The only way Mark Hughes is a transfer genius is if he was trying to get the sack and a massive payout from the start!

Comment

Working...
                    X