So called mercenaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Hartlepool? How many leagues down are we getting relegated? ****** FA!!
    Ask Wolves.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

hmmm i'll believe it when i see it

REALLY hope we hold on to diakite. i reckon a season of slugging it out would turn him into an absolute beast

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
        It will be another story if the club want to sell - at least they have sell on value and currently play for our 1st team.

Players like Rowan Vine, Rob Hulse - these are the real mercenaries.
        explain why u think vine and hulse are mercenaries

Comment

None of the new signings will want to play in the second division , they say the right things but will be wanting offski .

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
            so far Cesar, Granero, M'bia and Samba have stated they will stay if we go down.
            so much for 'mercenaries'
            i never thaught we have mercenaries in the squad, look at barton he s part of the french resistance now, don t be naive......vive la baguette.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRICO View Post
              i never thaught we have mercenaries in the squad, look at barton he s part of the french resistance now, don t be naive......vive la baguette.
              Wasn't Barton one of the players who accepted a pay cut when Newcastle went down to the Championship?

Comment

I don't think anyone can question the effort of Cesar, Granero and Mbia on the pitch. All three have tried hard, for different reasons we are struggling. Granero and Cesar are proven quality players at clubs much stronger than ours, so i think it is more the players around them that is the issue. Mbia tries very hard, but his quality is lacking at times. he really is a defender, not a midfielder.

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
                  I don't think anyone can question the effort of Cesar, Granero and Mbia on the pitch. All three have tried hard, for different reasons we are struggling. Granero and Cesar are proven quality players at clubs much stronger than ours, so i think it is more the players around them that is the issue. Mbia tries very hard, but his quality is lacking at times. he really is a defender, not a midfielder.
                  Can't disagree with any of that.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    explain why u think vine and hulse are mercenaries
                    Vine is probably the biggest mercenary that we've had at the club in recent years. He had loads of opportunities to move on elsewhere and play football but chose the huge salary we were paying him (with a pay rise for a promotion that he had nothing to do with), over extending his career. Some might argue that we were stupid for giving him the contract or that his career was effectively ended at the top level through no fault of his own in training for QPR. For me I can't stand anyone who'd rather sit in the reserves and earn money for doing nothing instead of wanting to play football.

As for Hulse, again he has had plenty of chances to move on but hasn't fancied anything other than short term loans (again, probably cos we are paying him too much). In this case though I think mercanary is too strong a word and I do blame Briatore and Paladini for this one, everyone knew Hulse was crocked when we signed him so why give him a long contract?!!
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 27-02-2013, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Hard to think of Cesar playing in the NPC, then again his good friend Buffon done it with Juventus for one season. The again he done it with a club like Juventus not QPR, but who knows.
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
                        so far Cesar, Granero, M'bia and Samba have stated they will stay if we go down.
                        so much for 'mercenaries'
                        I know they have stated this but in all honesty I find it very very hard to believe any of these will actually stay. Maybe MBia as I can't see many teams queuing up to sign him, but certainly Cesar, Samba & Granero will be offski IMO.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          You always know how to put a positive spin on things Krill
                          I would call it more realistic than negative actually.

Comment

i dont think any of them will stay but i'd only keep cesar and mbia anyway i really dont see what the fuss is about with granero (just coz he played for madrid!!) and diakiite is so overated its untrue the boy does so well to win the ball only to give it away again time after time!!

Comment

Originally posted by BronxQPR View Post
                              i dont think any of them will stay but i'd only keep cesar and mbia anyway i really dont see what the fuss is about with granero (just coz he played for madrid!!) and diakiite is so overated its untrue the boy does so well to win the ball only to give it away again time after time!!
                              are we talking about Samba or Diakite?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                I really hope we can some how shift m'bia, cut our loses on that dead horse.

He's so bad he wouldn't even find his way onto a supermarket shelf!
                                Totally agree. At one point he makes a good tickle but then gives the ball he has just won away too easily.
                                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                                X