QPR in the Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR in the Championship

Visit ESPN for soccer live scores, highlights and news from all major soccer leagues. Stream games on ESPN and play Fantasy Soccer.

Looking forward to it already - no joke... proper competitive league, where a high proportion of clubs have a realistic chance of doing well...trouble is, doing well means promo back to the closed shop which is the Prem, Catch 22 of course!

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
      Looking forward to it already - no joke... proper competitive league, where a high proportion of clubs have a realistic chance of doing well...trouble is, doing well means promo back to the closed shop which is the Prem, Catch 22 of course!
      It's a brilliant league, agreed
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Lots of Rs thought it was a formality in 96, don't be surprised if we never get back in the prem. The way the payments are set up it will very soon be closed shop as TW says. Same 6 clubs going up and down

Comment

The Championship is a great competition. I love it and all will be well at the start of 2013-2014 season.

Comment

Payments aside, it's been a closed shop for ages Dave. Even if we stay up, which I hope we do, mainly to put one over the doubters, of whom there appear to be many, it will always be an achievement for clubs like QPR to avoid relegation season after season...like Wigan have been doing for the last few years or so. There seems to be very little joy in doing that every season. Personally would rather see QPR in the champs and being competitive, amongst other clubs of a similar standing, than being in an annual relegation fight in the Prem, just because it's the Prem and perceived to be the best domestic league in world football, and maybe surviving the drop and seeing that as something to be ecstatic about. Actually think The Championship could argueably be the best league in the world!

Comment

f*ck the championship no coverage no interest no wealthy backers no hope, give me the prem all day long. I won't be happy with clubs like Norwich Wigan Reading Southampton Swansea Cardiff etc being above us for ever more simply because they are in the right place at the right time

Comment

Yeah, love taking 10 steps back and being degraded

We can scarp it out in the Championship never wanting to reach higher achievements

Got make sure we dont play too well otherwise dont want to end back up in the dreaded Premiership watching top flight football

Comment

Ok

Comment

Bring it on.
                    Proper fans that will sing their hearts out with some sort of atmosphere both home and away.
                    I won't have to queue to get in to see us play Barnsley.
                    I may even see us win a game or two at home
                    or a trophy with a ******* parade when we do win!
                    Without having to face 'big clubs' that will get all the reffering decisions.
                    All without spending half my wages on tickets
                    Where do I sign?

Comment

Will we really be able to sell Remy for a huge profit? Not so sure, we may just get our money back unless he get about 10- 15 goals before the end of the season then they'll be queuing up for him. But if he gets that many we may just survive?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post
                        Bring it on.
                        Proper fans that will sing their hearts out with some sort of atmosphere both home and away.
                        I won't have to queue to get in to see us play Barnsley.
                        I may even see us win a game or two at home
                        or a trophy with a ******* parade when we do win!
                        Without having to face 'big clubs' that will get all the reffering decisions.
                        All without spending half my wages on tickets
                        Where do I sign?
                        That just about sums it all up..superb - love the Champs exactly for all those reasons.

Comment

Once we don't do a 'Wolves.'
                          I suppose their fans were hoping for a more successful season after their relegation, but in actual fact, their nightmare has taken a turn for the worse.
                          As QPR fans, we should know better than most, never to take anything for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                            That just about sums it all up..superb - love the Champs exactly for all those reasons.
                            .....Trophies???? how long you been following the Rs??....

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              .....Trophies???? how long you been following the Rs??....
                              he said, trophy Dave..singular............maybe winning the Champs again!??? Who knows?

Comment

Working...
                              X