No announcement yet.

QPR in the Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah exactly one trophy in 36 years i've seen .......sorry TW but you and others jumping up and down with excitement at the prospect of champs football have got very short memories....
    Edit; Hold the back page we have won 3 trophies in that time ....beating Cov in the haven holidays ko and the Italian triangle super tourno!!!......i take it all back!

Comment

What will be, will be. I'll happily find positives and enjoy staying up or going down. Going down will obviously gut me but once we have had a good clear out (oh er) we will be better for it.

Comment

Ill enjoy the crac on match days whatever league we're in.
        Obviously be gutted if we go down, but imo its not the end of the world.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Assuming nobody leaves at the end of the season, who would be your choice of players for the Championship?

Comment

Strong lineup today for the reserves lost to watford reserves. Strong for the championship i mean.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

There's hope for us yet. The U18s have won 10 games and are 5 points clear at the top of their division. Maybe we should play them on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                The U18s have won 10 games and are 5 points clear at the top of their division. Maybe we should play them on Saturday.http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/25...-0-678001.aspx
                Wouldn't it be wonderful to use relegation as an opportunity to completely restructure the focus of the club. Forget quick fixes, we don't even play football anymore, and we're talking about a club here that was once recognised for being one of the most inventive teams around. And that philosophy bought us success. We're currently in the dark ages.

We'd struggle in the Championship. Harry is emphatically not the man to start the long process of an overhaul.

Sadly, that wont happen because the owners will be looking for a quick return (in every sense) but I'd start by thanking Harry for his efforts and bring in a much younger, more visionary manager in tune with the way football is going at the highest level. Someone hungry and not jaded. Someone with a grasp of modern tactical approaches and how to implement them. Someone unafraid to bring youngsters through and get rid of the ageing dead wood and luxury buys that predictably turned sour. (We don't need to go over them again...)

The problem with TF and many modern owners is that they just dont get that football is a long haul investment. It can take years to embed a culture, and funding should be chanelled towards the long term picture. It would still be more cost effective than the chaotic spending that has been going on at ours.

I'd look to put some of the money saved by getting rid of expensive failiures into youth development. I'd remind people that we were once a football club who really did offer something close to the ideal of total football. We need a cultural revolution to regain that identity. We all need to learn to become a football club again because that is who we are. All this matters far more than simply going straight back up - which will be a consequence of getting things sorted.

We wont succeed on any level until lessons are learned and that means starting over. The combination of Fernandes and Hughes has been unintentionally catastrophic for us, and we either learn the lessons or run the risk of being found out all over again.
                Last edited by hal9thou; 26-02-2013, 11:39 PM.

Comment

I think the club is trying to develop the youngsters. The problem is that under the old regime, there was no development of youngsters whatsoever. I think originally TF was hoping to buy a few old and experienced players to keep the Club in the top flight until the youngsters could be developed. MH took some of the youngsters with him in preseason but since then I don't think any of them have appeared in league games (either under MH or HR) and let's face it, they could not have been done any worse than the first team.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Wouldn't it be wonderful to use relegation as an opportunity to completely restructure the focus of the club. Forget quick fixes, we don't even play football anymore, and we're talking about a club here that was once recognised for being one of the most inventive teams around. And that philosophy bought us success. We're currently in the dark ages
                    Yep, all that, great post

Comment

Wouldn't it be wonderful to use relegation as an opportunity to completely restructure the focus of the club. Forget quick fixes, we don't even play football anymore, and we're talking about a club here that was once recognised for being one of the most inventive teams around. And that philosophy bought us success. We're currently in the dark ages.

We'd struggle in the Championship. Harry is emphatically not the man to start the long process of an overhaul.

Sadly, that wont happen because the owners will be looking for a quick return (in every sense) but I'd start by thanking Harry for his efforts and bring in a much younger, more visionary manager in tune with the way football is going at the highest level. Someone hungry and not jaded. Someone with a grasp of modern tactical approaches and how to implement them. Someone unafraid to bring youngsters through and get rid of the ageing dead wood and luxury buys that predictably turned sour. (We don't need to go over them again...)

The problem with TF and many modern owners is that they just dont get that football is a long haul investment. It can take years to embed a culture, and funding should be chanelled towards the long term picture. It would still be more cost effective than the chaotic spending that has been going on at ours.

I'd look to put some of the money saved by getting rid of expensive failiures into youth development. I'd remind people that we were once a football club who really did offer something close to the ideal of total football. We need a cultural revolution to regain that identity. We all need to learn to become a football club again because that is who we are. All this matters far more than simply going straight back up - which will be a consequence of getting things sorted.

We wont succeed on any level until lessons are learned and that means starting over. The combination of Fernandes and Hughes has been unintentionally catastrophic for us, and we either learn the lessons or run the risk of being found out all over again.
                      So building the new academy is not a long haul investment? Planning a new stadium is not a long haul investment? The reason many experienced pros were brought in was to try and keep us in the prem.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I dont agree with all this Premiership money forcing promoted teams to go up and down like yo-yos. You ask Blackburn, Bolton, Wolves, Birmingham and Blackpool what the premier league money they got have done for them over the last few years.

Similarly, teams that stay up arent all going to suddenly be challenging for the title are they ?

End of the day, its 11 v 11 and regardless of money we just have to find the right combination of players to compete - we've done it before and we will again.

Comment

not sure where on earth we are going to "save" any money - more like spending millions to buy players out of long contracts, or being stuck with them, all supported by dwindling parachute payments.
                          re long term - I think the Hughes project was long term with the training ground, scouting network, youth development etc etc - all of that seemed pretty successful, the problem was that he forgot the short term ie you have to win a few matches in the meantime to remain in the prem. take your point tho about signing of old has-beens.

Comment

very good post, lets get back to being a football club again not a product!
                            LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                              So building the new academy is not a long haul investment? Planning a new stadium is not a long haul investment? The reason many experienced pros were brought in was to try and keep us in the prem.
                              experienced pros mmmmm yeah that worked didnt it mate!!!
                              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
                                very good post, lets get back to being a football club again not a product!
                                OK, but don't them complain because we haven't signed anyone in the summer and our best players (such as they are) all leave...

Comment

Working...
                                X