Connelly should be captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connelly should be captain

No question in my mind. The guy brings a steadying influence to defence and is very vocal too.

Not only should he be in the team every game, he should permanently be our captain too.

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
    No question in my mind. The guy brings a steadying influence to defence and is very vocal too.

Not only should he be in the team every game, he should permanently be our captain too.
    Ticks every box for me.

The bloodied headband look helped too.

Comment

Yes he looked like a real hard nut with the head band lol- a real leader.

Comment

I have voiced this opinion many a time. Old head on young shoulders. Matt is a very mature and capable player who organizes the defence very well. Always keeping the line and stepping them up when needed. A natural born leader who I sincerely hope gets the deserved accolaide as club captain.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Composed manner makes him a future Rangers captain for sure. I think Magilton now realises he should play in his proper position every game!

I don't think Rowlands can be certain of his place when he is fit.

Yeah, Connolly was organising and having a right go at some other players especially Borrowdale whose positioning during the game is woeful. I really hope we get a new left back.

Connolly was like Terry Butcher with his bandage!

Now let's hope Magilton keeps faith in him. Best defender we have by a mile!
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Quite possibly the best in the league, bar Steve Taylor
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
              Quite possibly the best in the league, bar Steve Taylor
              Agree, also agree with everyone else comments on the thread, its no fluke connolly comes in we keep a clean sheet and get a win, hes a fantastic lad, and a fantastic player, if were serious about promotion this man needs to be part of our teams backbone.
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

yep always agree defenders seem to make great captains and id be very happy with connolly making captain in rowlands absence

Comment

100 % agree with you mate, Connolly should be captain.

Comment

He could be our Tony Adams and lead us to greatness.

Comment

Well hopefully Magilton has now realised he is easily 1st choice at the back, I can defo see him being captain in the future, not saying he shudnt be captain now but i have no problem with Rowly as the man with the armband
                      CHAMPIONS
                      Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

too inexperienced in my eyes, couple more seasons perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                          too inexperienced in my eyes, couple more seasons perhaps.
                          Maybe we could use him as captain when Rowly's not playing and see how he deals with it.

Comment

He's used to the Captains role, he came to us from Arsenal as reserve team Captain. In Rowlys absence he should always be given the Captains armband.
                            Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------
                            https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Originally posted by QPRbob View Post
                              He's used to the Captains role, he came to us from Arsenal as reserve team Captain. In Rowlys absence he should always be given the Captains armband.
                              Exactly, he was Arsenal reserve team captain... let's not forget their reserves are one hell of a lot better than our first team and there would have been plenty of ego's among them for him to control.

He should be first on the teamsheet imo and i agree 100% that he would be ideal to make captain for the long term.

Comment

Working...
                              X