A fair chance tomorrow..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fair chance tomorrow..

What do you guys really think about tomorrows game? I feel we have a decent, if not good, chance to bring home our first win in the league.

Have a look at Scunny. Back in the CCC after a bit lucky win in the final vs Millwall and will certainly end up close to relegation or thereabouts this season. They've played Cardiff (outplayed), Boro (outplayed), SW (outplayed) and got a decent win against a scrappy Derby at home (3-2). They also played Swans away in the cup this tuesday, a game that went to extra time and was quite rough as far as I understand. Travelling from S****horpe to Swansea and back by bus also takes quite a few hours, that's deffo not a plus. In that game Scunny also used most of their so called first team players when comparing with the line up against SW.

We had Adel to play 45 min, WR 20 min, Hall was rested, Gorkks played 45 min, Faurlin rested, Helgusson rested, Pelicori rested, Borrowdale played 45 min and Cerny was rested. Now matter whay we think about these players all but Gorkks started against Forrest. From what I know we didn't look bad against Blackpool, should have wrapped up against Plym, did ok against BC and in my view we had 50-60 good minutes against Forrest. The team feels pressure of course and knows that a win tomorrow is necessary. I hardly believe that JM has lost it in the changing room yet and after the lousy "cup performance", at home - no travelling, in midweek I believe the desire will be enormous.

I think the team will be more attacking than normal for an away game and probably look something like this:

--------------Cerny--------------
    Ramage---Stewart----Hall---Borrowdale
    WR-------Legs-------Faurlin----Adel---
    ----------Helguson---Simpson--------

Don't know if Rowland is fit enough but I doubt it, though a bit surprising to see Legs play 90 minutes in the cup so maybe. Connolly might take Stews place but this back four looked really good the first 45 minutes against Forrest so JM will probably not change it. Can not see Vine or Pellicori start with Simpson so unless JM is REALLY fed up with Helguson he'll start up front...again. :horror:

Imo normally QPR is one class above Scunny and we should be larger favourites than we are at the moment. Scunny will start offensively but if the players confidence isn't rock bottom we should create lots of chances the longer the game goes.

I've made the bet QPR dnb @ 1,85 and thinks that has good value.:exciting:

Team selection is key.
    Once that's right, and the players have a chance to play together for a while, without chopping and changing them, then we'll succeed.
    I fear this weekend is too soon for that.
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

I agree with Swanley.
      It is quite clear that Jim is a tinkerman.
      We have hardly had that many injurys yet he doesn't know his best 11, and this causes a very unsettled side. I hope we can get a result up there as the players need a confidence boost. I would play simpson and Vine up the top and get Connelly playing central defence with Gorrks again. Gorkks is great at heading a ball and although he isn't as tall as hall he is much stronger at heading IMO.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        I would play simpson and Vine up the top and get Connelly playing central defence with Gorrks again. Gorkks is great at heading a ball and although he isn't as tall as hall he is much stronger at heading IMO.
        Looking round various MB's, I think a lot of people would be in agreement with those choices, me included.
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

I think s****horpe is too soon for a side that badly needs to settle and play football, so I think a draw at best is all we can wish for IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X