Any news on a proper left back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on a proper left back?

No chance of going up if we are going to rely on Borrowdale who like Pelicori is very slow and has very poor positional sense. Was at fault for Notts Forest's equaliser and Accrington's goal.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Thing is Hammersmith - no one wants to answer that one!! It's been raised a lot but no itk's will respond, particularly to the statement that we didn't sign the Dutch kid from C++++++ because we had far better options.........so where are they???
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

...nor did we sign Vignal, apparently not good enough.

Comment

im sure we will be asking the same question this time next year, just as we are doing about a striker - which should have been sorted out the summer before last season

Comment

lol not exactly high on the priorities of these money men are we. Unfortunately paladini cant tie his own shoelaces without checking with Flabio first.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            Thing is Hammersmith - no one wants to answer that one!! It's been raised a lot but no itk's will respond, particularly to the statement that we didn't sign the Dutch kid from C++++++ because we had far better options.........so where are they???

you're not suggesting the owners have c*cked it up again are you?

Blasphemy.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
              you're not suggesting the owners have c*cked it up again are you?

Blasphemy.
              Actually Sir Les - I don't know what I'm suggesting. I don't hang on every work from the itk crowd but a clear statement was posted on here to the effect that we didn't sign Van Arnholt (sp!!) because we had a better option - but no one will say a) who it was - even if it's thought to be Borrowdale LOL b) what happened to this better option (if it's not GB) and c0 if we are still ironing/looking or looking elsewhere or d) settling for Ronseal in GB!!!!

Surely everyone can see that whilst Borrowdale is not a total loss, he is, at best decent cover. He's slow, gets turned and caught out of position time and again and whilst he can put a cross in the box, he very rarely does it as he can't get up and down quickly enough.
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                No chance of going up if we are going to rely on Borrowdale who like Pelicori is very slow and has very poor positional sense. Was at fault for Notts Forest's equaliser and Accrington's goal.
                Yeah I blamed him for the Notts Forest goal, looked like he was hoping Gorkks would do something no attempt to close down McGoldrick properly

He'll get found out soon enough!

Comment

I think Borrowdale will be the only choice left back until xmas....

Comment

god help us then cos he got torn to pieces against forest

Comment

he has not impressed me so far, i would even rather connolly played there if JM insists on playing fitz 'always injured' hall.
                      Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

Still on going,if it happens your see what i mean.
                        Can,t say anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by WALKONBY View Post
                          Still on going,if it happens your see what i mean.
                          Can,t say anything else.
                          are you impressed with who it could be? would we all be impressed/ pleased?
                          Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

I would.

Comment

Originally posted by WALKONBY View Post
                              I would.
                              Well thanks walk, as ever, for having the belief to reply and keep us in the loop. Can we assume this is the same "better option" referred to when we passed on the other kid?
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X