Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolando flying in today to sign for QPR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Given that the thread was named after Rolando, it only seemed fitting to put him into a potential squad. with regards to Capoue, stranger things have happened and its not like any other teams are really chasing hi. And finally, suk brings a winning mentality to the squad that traore has never had given that he played for arsenal during their drought. Also its not like those injuries that you stated are permanent so i cant see what is stopping these teams from existing.
    fair point, you are correct nasser. sorry for straying off topic.

do you think it would be a good move by us to sign rolando for £8mil after all, he has only played one game all season. is he the man to fight till the bitter end? has he got experience in playing at this level in a relegation battle? is he fit enough. is he the type to settle in another country and hit the ground running?

lots of questions i know but do not know anything about him.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by QPR17 View Post
      Also this will never be the team. Nelsen will definately play, as will Onouha. Traore definately won't play. Hoilett is injured SWP is a doubt. And Remy should be fit to start.
      lol, i tip my hat to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        fair point, you are correct nasser. sorry for straying off topic.

do you think it would be a good move by us to sign rolando for £8mil after all, he has only played one game all season. is he the man to fight till the bitter end? has he got experience in playing at this level in a relegation battle? is he fit enough. is he the type to settle in another country and hit the ground running?

lots of questions i know but do not know anything about him.
        He is a great CB. Very much no nonsense. If he is fully fit think he would be a great signing for us. Trouble is not sure how fit he is. Might take him a while to get to fitness and that's not what we need. Could be a risk

Comment

Originally posted by QPR17 View Post
          He is a great CB. Very much no nonsense. If he is fully fit think he would be a great signing for us. Trouble is not sure how fit he is. Might take him a while to get to fitness and that's not what we need. Could be a risk
          some risks are worth taking i guess, if he is that good qpr17 then lets get him, just got to keep our fingers crossed. feb is going to be the month that seals our destiny methinks.

Comment

some risks are worth taking i guess, if he is that good qpr17 then lets get him, just got to keep our fingers crossed. feb is going to be the month that seals our destiny methinks.
            3rd choice for Portugal. So yer is good. Not sure if I'd rather spend the money on Hangeland and Ollson personally.

Comment

The transfer will go to the wire imo. We could end up with both Rolando and Ollson.

Comment

not hangeland. seen him a couple of times on tv. gets pulled out of position to much, slow and cumbersome. tarrabt ripped him to shresonds a few months ago. the last team that beat fulham (cant remember who) he was at fault for the goal.

was good a while back but personally would not touch him now.

ollson would be woth another cheeky bid on deadliine day.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                  The transfer will go to the wire imo. We could end up with both Rolando and Ollson.
                  That would be my perfect scenario! If we got them, possibly a midfielder like Capoue OR someone like kranjcar and Odemwingie I would be over the moon

Comment

not hangeland. seen him a couple of times on tv. gets pulled out of position to much, slow and cumbersome. tarrabt ripped him to shresonds a few months ago. the last team that beat fulham (cant remember who) he was at fault for the goal.

was good a while back but personally would not touch him now.

ollson would be woth another cheeky bid on deadliine day.
                    I know but he could play now and is better than what we have.

Comment

true

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        Swear he rejected us 3 times and mugged us off in a statement?
                        During the summer window Hughes first attempted to bring Ricardo Carvalho back to the Premier League, from Real Madrid, then persuade Michael Dawson to move across London from Tottenham Hotspur. Both declined the invite, and thus ensued a tortuous attempt to sign the Portugal international Rolando.

Here was a robust but technical able defender in his mid-20s who had just gone to the European Championship.

He had been a first choice for Porto throughout his four seasons there, winning trophy after trophy.

And Porto were willing to let him leave for a surprisingly reasonable €2millon (Dh9.4m) loan fee with a €10m option to buy. Problem solved? Not quite.

An intelligent and strong-minded individual, Rolando was not keen on joining a small club that only just avoided relegation to the Championship. He did not appreciate the pressure exerted by Porto technical director Antero Henrique to leave for QPR, nor the threats from coach Vitor Pereira that he should not expect to be a starter if he refused to leave the club.

Nor did he appreciate the calls informing him that Mohamed Afzal, a Portuguese-based agent registered in the tiny African state of Guinea-Bissau, and Kia Joorabchian, Hughes's controversial representative, wanted him to meet the QPR manager to discuss a move.

Though both clubs pursued the transfer until deadline day, Rolando dug in his heels and stayed put.

"I didn't go to QPR for two reasons," Rolando explains.

"First, I don't go anywhere on loan. If I leave Porto I want to leave for good because it is difficult for a player who has been a first choice for four years and is a Portugal international to come back to a club after that club has sent him away on loan. Second, with all respect to QPR I didn't consider them to be a team for my level."

"What I find hard to understand is why Porto rejected an offer of €8m from Roma at the beginning of August and then told me to move to QPR for a €2m loan fee and an option of €10m. This I find hard to explain."

Hard to explain, easier to see the results.

Paying for his strength of mind, Rolando has been exiled to Porto's reserves. Paying for his adviser's presumption, Hughes is unemployed.

From last November

Not sure if he's "mugging us off" but merely reacting to a number of things that he wasn't happy with at the time which appeared to be frustrating him. Kia wasn't helping either!

It will be interesting to see if Harry, et al have been able to smooth this one over

Comment

lol a desperate situation, I hate the January Transer window its so hard to buy and attract players etc.

But if Ferdinand is leaving I bet my bottom dollar that we have a couple of centre backs lined up ready.

Comment

I'm sure Harry and Tony have promised Rolando the earth... probably even thrown in some chocolates and tickets to phantom of the opera starring 'Boswinga' if we stay up as a bonus,....

Comment

Not sure about two. If Clint is captain that means he will start pretty well every game. Therefore only room for one first teamer. If we get Rolando a club of our size doesn't spend 6 odd million to keep Olssen in the reserves. If we do bring in an extra cb it will be someone fairly pants and free/ cheap imo.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                Not sure about two. If Clint is captain that means he will start pretty well every game. Therefore only room for one first teamer. If we get Rolando a club of our size doesn't spend 6 odd million to keep Olssen in the reserves. If we do bring in an extra cb it will be someone fairly pants and free/ cheap imo.
                                But we need depth.. what happens if Hill is injured?
                                Nelson is off soon, Ferdinand is going, that leaves Hill and Tal-Ben-Haim.

I would take Rolando & Olssen all day long. besides if it goes wrong we can always sell them and make some money

Comment

Working...
                                X