Harry's Transfer Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry's Transfer Targets

Think he needs to stop chasing players from abroad now.
    M'Villa, Capoue and Rolando have now all turned us down!!

Rolando was gonna cost us about £8million, surely Spurs would part with Dawson for a figure like that?
    Just hope he stays at home now for the last week to do any deals, than spending wasted days away chasing players that don't wanna join us.

Personally, I would just stick to Dawson, Diame, Odemwingie.
    More chance in getting them, have played in premiership and experienced Highs n Lows as well.
    With them 3 added to what we have, there would be enough in the squad surely to survive ?

Time is running out and we have to get in new blood, or it's over even before the window closes.

Look in the championship if we have too.

Comment

Think we'll get Odenwingie and Livermore on loan. And a centre back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Think we'll get Odenwingie and Livermore on loan. And a centre back.
        We need two cb at least.

Comment

Let's go for this 15 year old Hakim Mastour kid from AC Milan, Moroccan and better than Tarbs! The next Ronaldo I tell ya! They're trying to bring him up to the senior squad already so then he must be good!
          Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 26-01-2013, 02:04 AM.
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Reminds me of taarabt .

Comment

Liverpool took Sterling away from us for F*ck all but dunno how it works from taking a young talent away from abroad?
              Surely Taarabt must be his Hero, I say steal him away now

Comment

When did rolando turn us down?
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  When did rolando turn us down?
                  When Harry flew back from Portugal without convincing him to sign!!
                  It's dead, no point in chasing anymore.

Comment

Not sure spurs will sell Dawson as he is now their captain and central to their recent 10 game run. Livermore also will stay after Sandro's injury against us. Cant see us getting Diame either. I agree though, stop chasing these foreign based players who will only sign for the money. Harry has never really been one to look at the lower leagues for younger talent though so i guess its how he does things. 5 days to go.. I have a feeling we might do most our work on the last day

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                      When Harry flew back from Portugal without convincing him to sign!!
                      It's dead, no point in chasing anymore.
                      Harry told you this did he?

Comment

It has been well documented that he has turned us down twice before, more than likely he has done it again, on a positive note at least we r not going for mercenaries, after the money :pleasantsuprise:

Comment

On the subject of why chase players who don;t want to sign, why mention Dawson as an alternative? Spurs DID accept an offer of £8m and Dawson turned us flat down. And since then he has also won back his place in the first XI.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsididitagain View Post
                            Not sure spurs will sell Dawson as he is now their captain and central to their recent 10 game run. Livermore also will stay after Sandro's injury against us. Cant see us getting Diame either. I agree though, stop chasing these foreign based players who will only sign for the money. Harry has never really been one to look at the lower leagues for younger talent though so i guess its how he does things. 5 days to go.. I have a feeling we might do most our work on the last day
                            As opposed to Engllish based players who only sign for the money....??

The reason clubs like us and Newcastle are going to France is becasue players there represent value for money, and an investment, given any sell on in a few years is likely to be for a big profit to another prem club. You say they come for the money, but what you need to remember is the average wage in such leagues is much lower than the prem, so some players' expectations and what they end up getting may be lower than you think. Compare that to prem players who've been overpaid for years and expect the same and probably higher wages.

AS for Value for money, look at Remy... French International striker in his prime for £8m... the equivelent in England is Bent.... £24m.... M'Villa, French internationl fee agreed for £7m, Cabeye £5m, Ben Arfa £2m... English based players Henderson £20m, Downing £20m, Johnson £10m, Flether £12m, Jarvis £12m......

I know which players i'd prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                              Harry told you this did he?
                              Exactly.

Firstly, Harry will have spokjen to the bloke and tried to sell the idea and future, ie stay up, new stadium etc. No decision would be made in first discussion, unless no, but we don't know that.

Secondly, HR has repeatedly said in press conferences when asked about signings, that he doesb't get involved... its chairman to chairman, of Chief exec to Chief exec etc... they thrash out any deal if it happens.

Point being the fact Harry flew back wqith nothing done is actually irrelevant.

Personally i dont think he will sign, but i also didnt think for a second we'd sign Remy either.

Comment

Working...
                              X