Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowlands and Cook...

Both scored against Brentford tonight

Apparently Rowley ran and celebrated in front of the Brentford fans n all.... Once an R always an R I suppose

Shame he left on the terms he did (with the whole POTY incident) as he was always a fans favourite & was a blinding player for us in his day.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Quality.

Yeah Rowlands was a great player.

Comment

Bet that really had the Bees fans fuming.

Comment

Ha ha, brilliant! 30 yard screamer of a free kick apparently in the top corner! Cook scored outside the box as well near the end to equalise.

Remember the grief Rowlands got when we played them at home.

Remember being on the pitch when Bircham got that last minute winner at their dump. But I hope they beat the scum on Sunday!
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Especially as he's an ex-Brentford player. No respect - well done Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
            Ha ha, brilliant! 30 yard screamer of a free kick apparently in the top corner! Cook scored outside the box as well near the end to equalise.

Remember the grief Rowlands got when we played them at home.

Remember being on the pitch when Bircham got that last minute winner at their dump. But I hope they beat the scum on Sunday!
            That Birch goal at the death was sublime.... place went mental.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              That Birch goal at the death was sublime.... place went mental.
              One of my best memories as an R that day. Mental.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

And their pub got done later that afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  One of my best memories as an R that day. Mental.
                  Completely agree mate . I thought I'd broken something and was going so ballistic I literally lost my mind !! Excellent stuff go on the birch

Comment

I was at the poty do,rowlands was well gone but wernt we all.that brentford game when birch scored I was with a man of the cloth.good memories,the church was full of heevens that night
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I live not far from Brentford and couldn't resist going along to see 2 of our old players, even though it was freezing.

Brentford fans loathe us and they hate Rowlands even more - he got stick non-stop. Superb free kick by him and a beautiful curler by Cookie for the equaliser.

Orient were pretty dire (Brentford not much better) but Rowly had a good game sitting in front of the defence and Cookie had a few good runs. Had to keep quiet when they scored though (unlike when Birch scored that winner!).

Comment

I wrote this on the football forum bb before the game ... spooky or what ...

'For me, this is a fascinating match, coming as it does just before Brentford take on Chelski in the cup. Will they be detracted and slip up again as they did against Tranmere? The O's must be pretty useful if they can drop the likes of Cook and Rowlands ...'
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

A bees fan at work was fuming this morning, when I asked him how they both played!

He couldn't get his words out! He was spitting with disgust whilst trying to talk to me about it.

I thought he was going to have a heart attack when I said to him "****ing lovely goal by Rowly though". Turns out a few of them nearly got nicked for trying to get at Rowlands as he was getting on the coach.

Thought they might have been big enough to accept, they were both lovely goals, and should have seen them on their way quite rightfully, with a round of applause.

Comment

I respect both Rowlands and Cook, great players.

Comment

someone went home with the ball!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X