Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With a lot of players on long contracts......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With a lot of players on long contracts......

who are clearly not good enough for us, how on earth are we going to get rid of him as other clubs won't buy them?

I am baffled as to how Agymang was given a 4.5 year contract!

Albert, a 3 year contract!

Hall, a 4.5 year contract!

It was like in the Gerry Francis period when even all the youth players were given 3 year contracts!

Just dishing out contracts means we are stuck with these players and was one of the reasons how we ended up in administration before!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

So what would you do?

Buy them on 2 years? 18 months later they could go on free. You've picked out 3 players, but had memory loss on the others.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete I don't think you can defend giving Dave a 4 year contract.
      He was never going to become Sir Les Ferdinand overnight. We do seem to make to many mistakes in this area. We will struggle to get rid of them. Vine needs games. I am glad to see our reserves also can't find the next. Balanta isn't the answer yet and needs to be loaned out and we need this so called 2nd striker.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Well I certainly would not have brought in Agymang and the gang on those kind of contracts. You only have to look at their record to see they were only going to be a short term option for us. Agymang was never going to increase his value.

As for memory loss, I don't know the length of the contracts of most of our players. Do you?

Face it Pete, we are going to be stuck with deadwood for a long time now down the Rangers. It will affect our budget to bring in better quality players. The deadwood won't want to leave when they're on good money down the Rangers.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Pete I don't think you can defend giving Dave a 4 year contract.
          He was never going to become Sir Les Ferdinand overnight. We do seem to make to many mistakes in this area. We will struggle to get rid of them. Vine needs games. I am glad to see our reserves also can't find the next. Balanta isn't the answer yet and needs to be loaned out and we need this so called 2nd striker.

Reserves lost 3 nil today. Looks as if there are no strikers coming through who can help us in the first team.

Comment

I cannot justify Ageymang on such a long term contract, but turn the back the clock 18 months, fans were not cramming for him to leave.

other players you need to have on longer contracts, simple really. Find me a champiosnhip club where all the buys the club make are great ones??
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

West Brom
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Pete, you are not understanding me. You have to earn a long contract. Agymang was given a 4.5 year contract straightaway. You only had to look at his career to think that this would be an unwise move.

In our current economic climate, it is very unwise to give long contracts unless players will increase their value and are top notch!

We have too many average players, who won't get us up on long term contracts.

To think we might make the play offs is laughable. You should know more than anyone as we go to all the games. It's total pony so far this season.

Comment

I look at our team and with the likes of buz,routledge,taarabt,vine and helguson (who is a far better player than he's showing) and i cant understand why we're not tearing teams apart,there's got to be a reason why their under performing so badly....

Sitting on long contracts maybe the reason there's no incentive to go out on a saturday and impress or they dont like the manager,i just dont know and am fearing for us this season it's not as if we've had a tough start the season is it........

Comment

few clubs outside the prem lge offer 4 yr deals...remember we refused goal machine phillips a 2 yr deal...

hall is injury prone and has proved it
                    how many games at bolton had helguson played
                    agymang is not a goal scorer , a glimpse at his stats show that
                    why did ranson want shot of borrowdale
                    buzza is overweight
                    the team looks unfit

they should earn long contracts.....

Comment

Working...
                    X