Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watson

Saw there was mention the other day we might poss be interested. Story stated Cardiff were favourites but they are now signing some other midfielder so might not be in the running any more. Feel reluctant to get involved in more "will he, won't he" speculation after last time, but would really like him to come. For all this talk of having a brilliant midfield I think it needs to take quite a bit of blame for our goal failings. Yes the stats might show we have had a reasonable number of shots but most of these have been long range and speculative. I can remember games in the past when we've had maybe ten really clear cut goal scoring opportunities. It just hasn't been like that the last few games. I know it does seem ridiculous asking for yet another midfield player but if we off-loaded Alberti, Mahon and Ainsworth, then why not? For me Legs has often looked the only really interested midfield player we have.
    Could have missed it but haven't seen any comment from anyone ITK saying whether this is being actively considered of just wishful thinking. Any clues?

The problem we have with the squad is who would want some of the midfielders you've mentioned. What has Alberti done to warrant anyone wanting to buy him. Ainsworth is at an age now where he isn't worth signing. Who could afford Mahon's wages?

Comment

Probably right, like Helguson and Agyman up front. Think, then, the board might need to bite the bullet and pay a few players off. If nothing else it might concentrate the minds of those who remain that they need to buck their ideas up. Its not losing, or not playing v well that has annoyed me this season - it has been the lethargy.

Comment

If I were in charge I would list a 23 man squad. 3 goal keepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers. Anybody not on this list should either be paid off or stuck in the reserves.

GKs: Cerny, Heaton, Putnins

RBs: Ramage and Oastler

CBs: Gorkss, Connolly, Stewart and Hall

LBs: Borrowdale and Brown

RWs: Ephraim and Routledge

LWs: Cook and Taraabt

CMs: Buzsaky, Rowlands, Faurlin and Leigertwood

STs: Balanta, Vine, Helguson and Pellicori

I've ommitted Rose and German but would not release them as they are not quite ready yet for the first squad.

Then I would take that list and write a starting XI and their replacements and be looking to replace the replacements with players better than those in the starting XI (see example below).

Leigertwood replaced by Watson, Watson replaces Rowlands in starting XI and Rowlands becomes the replacement. So rather than having Rowlands and Leigertwood you have Watson and Rowlands.

Comment

Working...
        X