A proper team once again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A proper team once again

Have to admit i felt as if we had won yesterday after witnessing the fight and determination of the boys against a very good Spurs side. We actualy looked like a football team again.

So far from the clueless outfit Hughes put together.

Players like Onoura, Fabio and even SWP looked decent enough and played with much more confidence and that has to be down to Redknapp and his team.

There is finally a light at the end of that very long tunnel.

U R'ssssssssss

So true. I'm very happy for SWP he deserves a bit of luck and I really hope he gets a few more goals can't fault him got the fact he has really stuck at it and he will hopefully get his reward. I would stick with Nedum and Fabio at full back, past couple they've been excellent and their pace together more than makes up for Nelsen and Hill lack of

Comment

Looking at spurs team and the quality of their bench yesterday had me thinking they are better than Chelsea, so a clean sheet and point was excellent.
      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

We defended and fought so well, it was almost unreal compared to early season. But we defended with nine men and that was all we did. When Taarabt got the ball he could do nothing with it. We can't get many points with this kind of play.
        Regarding Fabio, he was really good. Can't see us getting a new loan. There will be plenty of teams after him, if he continues like this. Those nice tricks from SWP were something we haven't seen from him. I'm glad he seems to have found some confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
          We defended and fought so well, it was almost unreal compared to early season. But we defended with nine men and that was all we did. When Taarabt got the ball he could do nothing with it. We can't get many points with this kind of play.
          Regarding Fabio, he was really good. Can't see us getting a new loan. There will be plenty of teams after him, if he continues like this. Those nice tricks from SWP were something we haven't seen from him. I'm glad he seems to have found some confidence.
          True. Although even playing this way we still had decent chances.

RE SWP yeah great to see him grow in confidence. I've been one that's always tried to highlight good things he's done in games in the past when other slate and suggest he did nothing etc..... Against Spurs though we also need to bear in mind he was up against Kyle Walker, arguably the best RB and possibly the quickest in the league. Makes SWP's performance even better as he made him look stupid a couple of times at least. He also nullified Walker's threat going forward to the point i don't recall him doing anything in attack for them.

Comment

Agree 100%. Whats changed for me is that the players that were putting in a shift and playing well when we were underperforming (Hill, Nelson, Adel) are still playing well but those around them (Nedum, Fabio, SWP, Mbia etc) have now also stepped up to the plate and as a result we look solid and as said by all above a Team.

Yes we will loose to sides between now and the end of the season but we will not be a walkover like the Liverpool game. We have not conceded in the league since the first half of that game and have played two of the most free scoring sides in the prem.

If only we could have hung on at Wigan and had SWP shot hit the inside of the post in Harrys first game things would look so more rosier

Comment

Working...
            X