QPR offer Rennes €8m for M'Vila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR offer Rennes €8m for M'Vila

QPR have emerged as frontrunners in the race to sign Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila, who has been linked with a move to Arsenal.

Arsenal were linked with M'Vila throughout 2012 and are still believed to still be showing interest in the 22-year-old after manager Arsene Wenger last week admitted he is expects to be "busy" during the current transfer window.

Manchester City and Tottenham have also been linked with the France international, but in recent days QPR have emerged as candidates to secure his signature.

And according to L'Equipe, Rangers have tabled an €8million bid for M'Vila as manager Harry Redknapp looks to strengthen his squad for the second half of the season.

The development comes after Rennes admitted M'Vila could be on the move before the end of the month.

Rennes coach Frederic Antonetti told RMC Sport: "I want to keep him, but if Rennes were to receive a suitable bid then he would leave.

"He is better and more mature, and will go. It is part of the club's policy that he will leave if he has to, only, who will replace him?"

M'Vila has admitted on more than one occasion that he keen on a move to the Premier League.

QPR are also rumoured to be closing in on the signing of Marseille striker Loic Remy, who is also available this month for the right price.

Bookmakers Sky Bet at time of writing make QPR new favourites to sign M'Vila in their Yann M'Vila Next Club market, ahead of Arsenal - who until Sunday evening had been clear favourites - and Tottenham.

Why do we want another person in midfield?

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
      We could do with goalscoring midfielder, but we need a centre-back and a decent striker more at the moment

Comment

crazy and hopefully not true. Most of our money needs to be spent on 2 strikers and 1 centre half.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I don't know how goodie is, but I do know we could do with a centre back & striker
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
            Because our midfield isn't good enough.

Comment

old news, remy has turned us down and m-villa is reported to be not interested in a move to us either.

Last edited by Hitman34; 07-01-2013, 12:05 AM.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                Because our midfield isn't good enough.
                You say that, but our midfield battered Spurs' first choice earlier this season, and worryingly, we're being linked with 2 of their reserve midfielders... Why??

Comment

do we need to keep signing these M's? M'bia is bad enough. Not got much time for players from the french league

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    You say that, but our midfield battered Spurs' first choice earlier this season, and worryingly, we're being linked with 2 of their reserve midfielders... Why??
                    Because over the games (including yesterday) I can see that it isn't good enough there is no unity there. The only players I rate are Taraabt, Mackie, Derry and maybe Granero.

Our midfield is too easy to play against, its not me being negative but a fact we've lost a lot of games this season because we have no grip in the centre of the park.

I would say we need a couple of midfield players as well as a striker and defenders if I'm honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                      Because over the games (including yesterday) I can see that it isn't good enough there is no unity there. The only players I rate are Taraabt, Mackie, Derry and maybe Granero.

Our midfield is too easy to play against, its not me being negative but a fact we've lost a lot of games this season because we have no grip in the centre of the park.

I would say we need a couple of midfield players as well as a striker and defenders if I'm honest.
                      Agree and players like M'bia are utter ****e, footballing ability he is very limited, still he gives his shirt away so some fans love him for that

Comment

Livermore and Naughton are decent players to be honest, they are younger and have good ability. I would rather buy them than spending £8m on that french forward and £8m on M'vila.

Look at Mackie, I know he may not be the best Premiership player but he always gives his all and he only cost us £500k! no risk or gamble with him and we can always sell him for a profit, we couldn't with any of MH signings!

Comment

We haven't got a fighter in midfield. As much as I love the guy, Derry isn't good enough, and Mbia isn't the best at winning the ball back. The spine of our team is weak, apart from Julio

Comment

Mbia, Diakite, Granero, Faurlin, Derry . Another centre midfielder, really? Before we start improving our overloaded area, how about we fix the defence, as it's shakey and limited, plus our best defender is leaving. After this we'll need a striker.
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                              Mbia, Diakite, Granero, Faurlin, Derry . Another centre midfielder, really?
                              What the hells been up with Diakite?

Really can't work that one out, I nearly wet myself when I found out we signed him and I haven't done that for nearly 30 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X