Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did DJ and Betty play today.

How did they do 1st game back.

Didn't see the game or read any reports but let me guess, DJ misses a couple of chances and Bothroyd was anonymous?
    :drunk:

Comment

DJ did not get many chances but kept busy chasing the ball

Bothroyd same as usual, let him go

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
        Didn't see the game or read any reports but let me guess, DJ misses a couple of chances and Bothroyd was anonymous?
        Nearly right,DJ should have buried a header from close range, boothroyd was as expected poor,static,poor control and a waste of space. DJ however worked heard and looked lively,however not receiving a pass all game did not help.

Comment

Well it didn't help DJ not getting much service. He's expected to produce a piece of Magic out of nothing - I think if he had a couple of players around him more he would poach the odd goal. Chased and worked hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
            Well it didn't help DJ not getting much service. He's expected to produce a piece of Magic out of nothing - I think if he had a couple of players around him more he would poach the odd goal. Chased and worked hard.
            I think this is our main problem and has been all season.It doesn't matter who we've got up front, Cisse,Zamora,Johnson,Remy,Kenwyne Jones,Anelka and any other striker we've been linked with,if they're not given the service they need,we're going to struggle to score the goals that win matches.I know he's currently not flavour of the month,but in some ways I feel a bit sorry for Cisse.

Comment

Have to agree.
              The lack of service any striker would get at our place, is alarming to say the least.
              Our attack has to buck itself up, and fast.

Comment

Exactly, it's something QPR fans love to do - slate their strikers when we're not scoring.

It's usually not their fault. Whilst nobody can excuse a poor work rate, it's the lack of service that is usually the prolem. They don't just become bad strikers the moment we sign them.

I think at home we need to play two strikers - DJ & Zamora would be a good option when fit, but in the meantime I'd play DJ & Cisse and see what they can do together.

Comment

Oh, he only got one chance? Well, welcome to the world of being a Prem striker for a struggling club. About one clear chance per game is what we have been creating for our striker. The difference is - annoying, lazy, off-side straying pain in the back side though he is - Cisse rarely misses. While DJ rarely scores. But hey, what does that matter because "he's a Ranger". I'm sure that will be great consolation back in the Championship...

Comment

Working...
                  X