Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry reveals Adel pre-Fulham ticking off

Redknapp said:

“I had a chat to him last Monday because I took him off and then he wasn’t in the best of moods and didn’t behave in the best of ways. But I had him in the office on Monday morning and had a good heart-to-heart chat with him and he’s responded to that. I’m not going to make out I put my arm around him, because it wasn’t really like that. I said to him ‘don’t throw your arms up when you lose the ball and don’t stand with your hands on your head. Just get after the ball when you lose it, otherwise everyone sees you’ve made a mistake and you’ve highlighted it to everybody'.

He’s hard work! It’s no use me saying otherwise – he is what he is. He can be a bit of a nut at times but his heart’s in the right place and he wants to do well. He’s temperamental but he’s an amazing talent. He’s my type of player – I love people with that ability. Paolo was difficult to handle too but he was genius who could win you match and Adel is the same. He’s like Di Canio, who I thought was a fantastic player - one of the all-time greats at West Ham. This boy’s the same. He can do things nobody else can do. He nutmegs people and he goes past two or three and they’re hanging on to him but they can’t get the ball off him. It’s amazing.

Getting Adel in the right position is important. He has played off the left but he’s not as effective out there, so I freed him to play in the hole. We try to get the ball to him at every opportunity because he can do damage to anybody. He’s as strong as an ox on the ball, people can’t knock him off it. He’s not a lightweight with skill, he’s a strong, powerful player with the ball. It was a great performance.”

More...

I sense the start of a wonderful relationship
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Adel will frustrate any manager - trouble is, he is one hell of a footballer and everyone wants a player like him! MATCH WINNER..........

Its people like Harry and Warnock that can control and understand him IMO

Comment

Warnock and Hughes rarely, if ever, played him in his best position - through the middle, off the striker. Harry has done just that, as well as taking him aside and explaining it clearly to him (again unlike Hughes), so now we will reap all those benefits.

Comment

Traoré on Taarabt

Armand Traoré, QPR’s Senegal international, said:

“I’ve known Adel since I was 14 or 15, so I know what he’s like. He was a catastrophe,” laughed Traore. “We used to play together in the French national team at junior level. I used to overlap him and he would nutmeg the same guy four or five times. The manager used to say, ‘If you don’t pass the ball, you come off’. Adel didn’t care. He was getting penalties, scoring goals.

He’s now improved a lot in terms of work-rate, and matured as a person. I think he’s got further to go. We see some goals in training no one has seen.”

But QPR fear a call-up by Morocco for the Africa Cup of Nations is imminent:

“I was in that situation last year. If you say no to your country, you and your family will get slaughtered.”

More...

Comment

Assuming all of our african players goes to the ACN, we'll be without; Taarabt, Traore, M'bia & Diakite for a number of weeks - we won't pick up many points without them..

Comment

Mbia will be here, i dont think cameroon qualified.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post
                Assuming all of our african players goes to the ACN, we'll be without; Taarabt, Traore, M'bia & Diakite for a number of weeks - we won't pick up many points without them..

Senegal & Cameroon aint in it mate so Traore & Mbia will be fine.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Mbia will be here, i dont think cameroon qualified.
                  neither senegal

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Af...lified_nations

Senegal & Cameroon aint in it mate so Traore & Mbia will be fine.
                    That is fantastic news.

Comment

stanly, HR will make Adel a world class.

Comment

Originally posted by rockandroll View Post
                        stanly, HR will make Adel a world class.
                        I can see it happening too Rock.

Comment

Diakite already said he would stay and help us rather than go ACN. Maybe adel would do the same, we will have to see

Comment

Originally posted by IrishRanger View Post
                            Diakite already said he would stay and help us rather than go ACN. Maybe adel would do the same, we will have to see
                            Not so sure. He has gone public with how difficult this is for him as his countrymen will turn on him should he not go and he goes home every summer.

It is a tough decision for him, I think he will go and I am sure I would in his situation. Either way he should be backed by our fans and not targetted at all should he decide to go.
                            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post

It is a tough decision for him, I think he will go and I am sure I would in his situation. Either way he should be backed by our fans and not targetted at all should he decide to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X