It's all about possession.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all about possession.

Probably been said a lot of times before,but this game is all about possession as admirably demonstrated by Swansea.If you keep hold of the ball and deny the opposition,not much damage can be done. In every game bar none,we've given the ball away several times,mainly through misplaced passes, whilst in the ascendancy,allowing the opposition to counter attack.Yesterday was no different.Whilst we played fairly well in patches,we needlessly kept surrendering possession and this against sh*t opposition.Watch Swansea carefully - thats how it should be done and a pleasure to watch,and with no big time Charlies in the team.It's no coincidence they thrashed us at home and made Arsenal look very ordinary yesterday. Fair play to them.

Actually, it's about scoring more goals than the opposition. Celtic recently beat Barcelona with just 16% possession.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
      Actually, it's about scoring more goals than the opposition. Celtic recently beat Barcelona with just 16% possession.
      You're not wrong there,but I still feel we give the ball away too cheaply which puts pressure on our not too impressive defence.Scoring goals is also paramount but its difficlt to know where they're comming from apart from our ever reliable Mackie.Midfieders like Taarabt,Granero and Fauline are failing to chip in with their fair share.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
        Probably been said a lot of times before,but this game is all about possession as admirably demonstrated by Swansea.If you keep hold of the ball and deny the opposition,not much damage can be done. In every game bar none,we've given the ball away several times,mainly through misplaced passes, whilst in the ascendancy,allowing the opposition to counter attack.Yesterday was no different.Whilst we played fairly well in patches,we needlessly kept surrendering possession and this against sh*t opposition.Watch Swansea carefully - thats how it should be done and a pleasure to watch,and with no big time Charlies in the team.It's no coincidence they thrashed us at home and made Arsenal look very ordinary yesterday. Fair play to them.
        it has nothing to do with possesion, its all about taking your chances when they come. yesterday just like games before we missed the basic when 1 v 1 , should have SWP , park or that header went in it would be another story.
        some players dont ever bother to watch football after training or games! how the hell would they correct their mistakes? if im a pro footballer, I would watch my game at least 5 times a week to see why i misplaced this pass , why i didnt make this run , why I didnt tackle that guy at that time etc.. I would see how the top strickers score from every angle , I would grab some teamate goolkeeper and tell him we work an extra hour after each training etc.. but most players they dnt bother , they see saturday as having fun front of thousand of people and then get my paycheck. they have nothing to do in their life apart training and kicking a ball , easy job easy money. only top passionate players about the game put that extra training and effort.

Comment

Many in the football say posession is the key but imo that don't translate to every situation.
          With the current squad for example allowing the opposition posession and counter attacking looks the most viable option to me.
          The best teams usually have a lot of posession, Harry will want to build that for the future, but you don't need it to win a game.

Comment

Lots of teams win games without having the majority of possession. Yes, it's good to have lots, but it's not the be all and end all.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Ball retention has been a problem all season. Can't give it away quick enough. Worst culprits are Adel and Granero
              http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
                Ball retention has been a problem all season. Can't give it away quick enough. Worst culprits are Adel and Granero
                Clint Hill is a sucker for an aimless lump up field also.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                X