Clear All

sign the hoops n he will score!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
      Mackie will bury a few
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI02IMvT6sE

Comment

can't do much until the window opens. In the meantime, Harry will set up a way of playng with Samba and Mbia protecting the defence and all the other supporting Cisse.
        Harry's first task was to tghten things up at the back, last night looked better already.

He'll get 2 strikers in on loan in Jan, probably Darren Bent and maybe Adebayor
        Cisse will not be in his long term plans, sure of that

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
          When you are in the trenches you need players grafting their b0llox off Cisse does not do that. I would actually rather play Hoilett up top than Cisse at the moment. It won't happen but for his work rate alone & the amount of shots he gets in I'd rather him than this guy sulking up top every week. Sooner January comes and we can get someone to challenge that position the better.
          I see myself as a big Cisse fan, but to say that he needs competition is clearly an understament.He is clearly still not in form or WHATEVER(?) Bearing in mind what M`Bia stated; we donīt train very much at this club, I really hope Harry@ Co will change this .Mind you, Itīs in training we can improve and like the other areas in our play, the strikers have to learn how to interact. Last night they once again played as Queens Park STRANGERS..
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

I don't see any mention of Park as a possible source of goals, so would like to note that Park's career stats for goals and assists per game started are as follows, including league, cup and internationals:

Season Goals Assists Attack Pts
            2012 0.0% 20.0% 20.0%
            2011 16.7% 16.7% 33.3%
            2010 30.3% 15.2% 45.5%
            2009 23.8% 4.8% 28.6%
            2008 17.1% 5.7% 22.9%
            2007 11.8% 5.9% 17.6%
            2006 36.8% 10.5% 47.4%
            2005 11.1% 25.9% 37.0%
            2004 25.0% 0.0% 25.0%
            2003 21.4% 0.0% 21.4%
            2002 40.0% 0.0% 40.0%
            Career 21.2% 9.3% 30.5%

Most relevant are probably his last three seasons' stats (including current).

Although Park's 2011-2012 season was not too great, he still managed 1 attack point per 3 games that he started. If you look at Park's stats for 2010-2011 (probably his best season, although 2006-07 was close based on stats), he scored once every 3 games and assisted 1 in 6 games -- basically scoring or assisting almost every 2 games he started. Many of these were against the strongest of teams. This was just 2 seasons ago.

Granted, Park only has 2 assists this season out of 8 games started, but he was largely being played out of position, and our team underperformed as a whole. If Park is played on the wing and encouraged to attack, and given some proper support, he does have the ability to add a good number of goals and assists to the board.

I'm curious.. what are the stats for some of our other players? Someone else want to crunch some numbers for them?
            Last edited by Joon; 29-11-2012, 05:03 AM.

Comment

I'd be tempted to play Mackie and Hoilett up front. I agree that Cisse seems to be so so selfish, I counted several chances he had to put Mackie through against Sunderland but elected to shoot and get blocked. Hoilett has proved to be a little selfish on the ball but I feel he is better at beating players than Cisse.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2