No announcement yet.

Where are the goals going to come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the goals going to come from?

I'm not going to slate Redknapp on his first game because I think we've picked up quite a valuable point away from home, and we looked solid as a defensive unit for once!! BUT i'm just concerned about where the goals are going to come from this season. We've only got one recognised striker who is fit in Cisse, and he just doesn't look up for it. He's so selfish with the ball, and his head drops way too easily. Mackie is our only other attacker, but he's certainly not a centre forward, and I can't see him scoring many goals this season - perhaps 6 or 7, but not many.
    I then look at Taarabt, who is trying too hard at times, and he just doesn't seem to have that killer instinct in front of goal. Then there's Granero, who doesn't look like the kind of player who will get into the box often, he is the kind who just lays off the simple pass.
    Faurlin, Diakite and Mbia are not the type of players that get into scoring positions, and both Park and Wright Philips never score goals! I'd like to see more of Hoitlett, perhaps he can start to develop an understanding with Cisse upfront, because at the moment, all our attacking players do not look like they're on the same wave length.
    We're clearly in desperate need of a goalscorer because we just don't look like a side that looks threatening on the attack

Nelsen will come into his own and score at least 10 league goals this season. Watch this space.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

If we actually create clear chances for Cisse he can score. We need to get the ball into good scoring positions in the box, at least we don't just have 1 player in the box all the time now like we did under Sparky.
      We're Queens Park Rangers and we always do things the hard way!
      @Deadend_Friend

Comment

At home probably from attacking midfielders running on into the box late. Away it is mostly about Cisse :( Cannot see any goals coming from set pieces or corners. So it is not looking promising in the short term. But after January if the strikers get improved even a little plenty of reason to expect a good upturn in goals and results from that.

Comment

When you are in the trenches you need players grafting their b0llox off Cisse does not do that. I would actually rather play Hoilett up top than Cisse at the moment. It won't happen but for his work rate alone & the amount of shots he gets in I'd rather him than this guy sulking up top every week. Sooner January comes and we can get someone to challenge that position the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            When you are in the trenches you need players grafting their b0llox off Cisse does not do that. I would actually rather play Hoilett up top than Cisse at the moment. It won't happen but for his work rate alone & the amount of shots he gets in I'd rather him than this guy sulking up top every week. Sooner January comes and we can get someone to challenge that position the better.
            Love to be a fly on the wall when Joe Jordans having a 'one to one ' with Cisse about putting a shift in !!!

Comment

Seriously mate I'm really angry with him. I know he hasn't been spoilt with through balls or chances but uck me give a bit more, try that bit harder, try and force mistakes & create your own luck don't just sulk and wait for the ball cos chances are as it is you won't get many. Needs to buck up his ideas sharpish or Redknapp will out him first opportunity.

Comment

Hoilett and Mackie managed seven goals apiece last season. Cisse needs a little more support up top but hopefully he can regain last season's form.

Comment

Lets hope so mate. I like the guy but I don't like sulkers & when he's not on his game he has a tendency to do just that. Lets hope he gets a goal Saturday & shuts me up!!

Comment

There wont be goals unless we have Granero, Faurlin and Tarbs all playing. Faurlin adds that extra quality, at the moment there is just Cisse up front doing f*** all, Tarbs needs players around him who are making good runs off the ball for him to be at his best.
                    I am looking forward to how we will play at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                      There wont be goals unless we have Granero, Faurlin and Tarbs all playing. Faurlin adds that extra quality, at the moment there is just Cisse up front doing f*** all, Tarbs needs players around him who are making good runs off the ball for him to be at his best.
                      I am looking forward to how we will play at home.
                      They make runs all around him but far too often he hold sonto the ball too long before releasing or tries to go alone.... Did it at Stoke all game and again to a degree tonight, but nowhere near as bad.

Comment

A bunch of goals are going to need to come from midfield.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                          They make runs all around him but far too often he hold sonto the ball too long before releasing or tries to go alone.... Did it at Stoke all game and again to a degree tonight, but nowhere near as bad.
                          Hardly!

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                            Hardly!
                            Del is spot on mate

Comment

Mackie will bury a few

Comment

Working...
                              X