HR TV Interview - OMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR TV Interview - OMG

I haven't felt this good about a new manager in a long time. Inspiring and a major confidence boost. Exactly what I wanted to hear from Mark Hughes but once did I get it. From him it was drab, boring and no inspiration.

Loved the bit about him saying his gran kids will all get Rangers shirt next week. Also when he went on to say 'QPR is my club now and when we don't win at the weekend no one will be hurting more than me.'

tbh it's all just talk, yes he is saying the right things but we all need to prepare for life in the championship.

Harry is an ok manager but don't believe the hype from the papers. They love him and the express had about 3 pages on him sat.
    Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 26-11-2012, 11:04 AM.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Also Hodgson was the right choice.

West brom's success is Roy's team and Steve Clarke is a very lucky man to reap the rewards.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
        I haven't felt this good about a new manager in a long time. Inspiring and a major confidence boost. Exactly what I wanted to hear from Mark Hughes but once did I get it. From him it was drab, boring and no inspiration.

Loved the bit about him saying his gran kids will all get Rangers shirt next week. Also when he went on to say 'QPR is my club now and when we don't win at the weekend no one will be hurting more than me.'
        yer spot on Dazzer that bloke is a proper manager and i reckon he will get the best out of our current players

Comment

Harry is the master of saying the right things and getting the best out of players (who are good enough but appeared to have no confidence) and I am actually thinking of making a last minute dash to Sunderland as I can see QPR hammering Sunderland tomorrow.
          Last edited by paulmason; 26-11-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            tbh it's all just talk, yes he is saying the right things but we all need to prepare for life in the championship.

Harry is an ok manager but don't believe the hype from the papers. They love him and the express had about 3 pages on him sat.
            Some fans are just never ever happy or positive.........

Im With Dazzer, the Interview was great. Hughes was never like that and was rather boring in fact.

Comment

I have them to beat sunderland and reading to beat villa, pays out massive but won't happen. Each game is becoming harder to win and I am worried we won't see a win until after xmas now, when it's too late and the players just go out relaxed.

Comment

I pretty much agree. It seems to me that Mark Hughes would perhaps make a much better football coach than manager. There is no doubting his professionalism and I am convinced that he worked extremely hard on every aspect of the game from a technical perspective. But despite all of that, there is no doubt that the ability on a human level to relate to, manage and motivate players is obviously absolutely key (hardly rocket science) and it's clear that it's in this aspect Hughes doesn't cut it.

Despite everything, we probably have a lot to thank Mark Hughes for in terms of the club infrastructure - unfortunately we don't have much to thank him for on the fundamentally important aspect of actually winning games! :/

I just hope Harry has enough time. But at least I feel like we'll give it a decent shot now. I hope that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                  Some fans are just never ever happy or positive.........

Im With Dazzer, the Interview was great. Hughes was never like that and was rather boring in fact.
                  Never happy? Well wtf have I had to be happy about?
                  Harry is an ok manager but no where near what the press make him out to be.
                  Just my opinion and not a negative one, just being realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                    Harry is the master of saying the right things and getting the best out of players (who are good enough but appeared to have no confidence) and I am actually thinking of making a last minute dash to Sunderland as I can see QPR hammering Sunderland tomorrow.
                    true, on MOTD last night they showed that rangers were 10th in the table for pass completion, a team that can complete that many passes against the opposition we have faced shouldnt be at the wrong end of the table.

Comment

That press conference had all the feel of Neil Warnock's first when he became manager.
                      Cannot help but be very encouraged by what Harry said, and convinced that his words will be matched by actions.
                      Well, here's hoping!

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                        I'm with you fella. I've been banging on about it for ages. The players we have at our disposal DON'T become as poor as they have been overnight. Confidence is rock bottom but that can change very quickly. Look what O'Neil did at Sunderland last season. We have some very win-able games. A few results here and there and we'll be a different side. Just got to get that monkey off our back.

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                          true, on MOTD last night they showed that rangers were 10th in the table for pass completion, a team that can complete that many passes against the opposition we have faced shouldnt be at the wrong end of the table.
                          it's about scoring goals and we don't have anyone capable of that. I'd feel half confident if we had a striker in the squad but we don't.

Comment

Fine to have your own opinions and all that but I find that comment a little hard to believe. He's proven himself at getting the best out of players he's had at his disposal. The only club he hasn't done well at is Southampton. You only have to look at his win percentage at all the clubs he's been out, but then again some of our facts struggle to understand facts...

:O_O:

Comment

Never happy? Well wtf have I had to be happy about?
                              Harry is an ok manager but no where near what the press make him out to be.
                              Just my opinion and not a negative one, just being realistic.
                              NO! Some are not.. I would usually agree and understand your frustration but...

1. The change we ALL wanted and NEEDED has been made - We cant complain
                              2. Harry has a superb record and is a superb manager - None of us can moan or say he isnt.
                              3. We have a fresh start and chance now. We are not that far off Safety and we have more time than last year to save our season

Its all about faith, moaning and continuously finding a reason to moan doesn't sit well with me!!!!

Be patient we will TURN this around, get behind the team now!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X