X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Old Guard

The Derrys, Hills, Mackies etc.

If only Hughes had playd them more orten we wouldnt be in this sh1 t

many a good tune played on an old violin!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Hindsight is a great thing. At the time, would anyone honestly have preferred Derry over Diakate/Granero, or Mackie over Hoilett?

I think prior to the last 2 games, people on here pretty much agreed with the team selection. Just the players didn't perform.

Hopefully the new players will get a kick up the behind from Harry and onwards and upwards etc from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
        Hindsight is a great thing. At the time, would anyone honestly have preferred Derry over Diakate/Granero, or Mackie over Hoilett?

I think prior to the last 2 games, people on here pretty much agreed with the team selection. Just the players didn't perform.

Hopefully the new players will get a kick up the behind from Harry and onwards and upwards etc from here.
        This.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post

I understand Hoilett but honestly had anyone in this country heard of Diakate and Granero prior to us signing them. They are not marquee signings. MH hadn't bought big signings from abroad.

Our Championship players on the whole save for cisse kept us up last season as recognised with our awards.

The club and many posters got carried away with 40 k stadium, being top 10 blah blah blah not realising our core team wasn't bad and a few good quality signings could have made us a real force instead of the joke we have become. Not hindsight but foresight.

Comment

So after seeing Diakate towards the end of last season, and glimpses of Granero this season, did you honestly want Derry to stand in front of either of them regularly?

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
              I understand Hoilett but honestly had anyone in this country heard of Diakate and Granero prior to us signing them. They are not marquee signings. MH hadn't bought big signings from abroad.

Our Championship players on the whole save for cisse kept us up last season as recognised with our awards.

The club and many posters got carried away with 40 k stadium, being top 10 blah blah blah not realising our core team wasn't bad and a few good quality signings could have made us a real force instead of the joke we have become. Not hindsight but foresight.
              I agree with the sentiment, but we did need to strengthen our squad considerably after promotion. That doesn't excuse failing to hold on to the likes of Gorkks and Helguson though. I think a large part of the problems with our signings is we prioritised Premier League experience and avoided signing Championship and lower league players as if they were carrying the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
                I agree with the sentiment, but we did need to strengthen our squad considerably after promotion. That doesn't excuse failing to hold on to the likes of Gorkks and Helguson though. I think a large part of the problems with our signings is we prioritised Premier League experience and avoided signing Championship and lower league players as if they were carrying the plague.
                I agree

Comment

Working...
                X