Bobby Zamora - why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Zamora - why?

I've heard his ankle is shot to bits - could this be the cause of his hip injury. This was why he didn't go to the last World Cup. Capello had said he was going to take him but he ended up having an operation.

I have a couple of Foolham mates and they say he was never the same after he was overplayed in all those European games - which cost him a place on the England plane.

The broken leg fully healed - but the ankle? He just looks like he was an accident waiting to happen and now we are left with no-one who can hold the ball up - so vital if we ever get the lead in a game again.

Originally posted by Bernie View Post
    I've heard his ankle is shot to bits - could this be the cause of his hip injury. This was why he didn't go to the last World Cup. Capello had said he was going to take him but he ended up having an operation.

I have a couple of Foolham mates and they say he was never the same after he was overplayed in all those European games - which cost him a place on the England plane.

The broken leg fully healed - but the ankle? He just looks like he was an accident waiting to happen and now we are left with no-one who can hold the ball up - so vital if we ever get the lead in a game again.
    You could have just left it at Bobby Zamora - why?

Offers nothing we didn't already have. Would have HH over him all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie View Post

You don't think no one else in the squad can 'hold the ball up'? It's not a difficult skill to learn for a pro-footballer.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I heard a similar thing from my brother. After an indifferent start to his career at Fulham, he was on fire in the early part of the Euro campaign but then picked up a niggling injury and was knackered by the time the final came around and shouldn't have played. This was compounded the following season when his leg was broken by Karl Henry (when Hughes was manager) and by all accounts he ain't been the same since. The fact that he ambled through games and looked disinterested was put down to him falling out with Jol. That was what I assumed when he came here, despite my brother's sneering that we had signed a couple of injury-prone forwards well past their best. But we were all full of hope back then and were just thankful to sign anyone of Prem quality. Oh well.

Comment

He was good once upon a time

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

our replacement in Jan
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
              playing for his local youth club
              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Need to let him go as soon as

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                  playing for his local youth club

At least he was on the winning side on occasions

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                    Need to let him go as soon as
                    how you going to sell a player in january if hes still injured

Comment

how you going to sell a player in january if hes still injured
                      Leave that to us mate.

We bought a player with a broken leg once.

Comment

who was that ?

vic mobley ??

Comment

who was that ?

vic mobley ??
                          Martin Rowlands.

Comment

Ned zelic was the best..bulstrode lasted longer and went out in style
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Tarquin.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X