January transfer window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January transfer window

The only way I think the club can remove Mark Hughes is if they spend the kitty from the transfer window to do so.

We may have a small budget and can sell some unwanted players.

Prob cost rangers 10 mill to out Hughes and co.staying in the prem this season makes 10 mill peanuts.
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
      Prob cost rangers 10 mill to out Hughes and co.staying in the prem this season makes 10 mill peanuts.

It does yes, but they expected to remain in the prem after signing loads of players, so the problem and dilema will be if they'd already factored that increased incoming revenue next season in their agreed wages contracts and development plans etc they've already commited to.......

Comment

Im not sure if sacked managers ever get their contracts paid up in full. I think a settlement is agreed between both parties. After all, wouldn't the club have a case at some sort of tribunal what with the performance of Hughes? He's been given great support from the board but look where are. Surely our board should be able to sue the a*rse off Hughes.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

The only way I see to compensate for Mark Hughes £10m payout is selling Taarabt which is mad to think of as I don't see any other players wanted at good prices. Leeds are interested in Clint Hill which may not cash in more than £500k. The cost of relegation is much more that Hughes payout anyway. I personally think we only need central back to partnet Nelsen. call DJ Campbell back and maybe Barton (although I don't fancy him but we have no other choices). The new manager should focus on empowering the players and installing enthusiasm to play with hunger and desire. We are ok upfront If we play with 2 strikers. Cisse needs a partner and I think Mackie can do the job at the moment. He can do as good as Grant Holt is doing at Norwich.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Well if it's true BZ could be out for between three months and the season, we need to get three strikers. To save money, I'd recall DJ, use Mackie as a forward permanently, and get another one (please don't recall Betty). A big lump like Grant Holt would do.

Then I'd drop Dyer for Barton and drop Ephraim for a LB.

My outfield squad would then be:

RB - Bosingwa/Fabio
            LB - Traore/AN Other
            CB - Hill/Nelsen/ M'bia/Ferdy/Onouha

RM - Park/SWP
            LM - Taarabt/Hoilett
            CM - Granero/Faurlin/Diakite/Barton/Derry

CF - Cisse/Mackie/DJ/AN Other

Of course, tweaks could be made to various areas such as CB, but I believe this should be the basis of our squad from January, and we would only need to buy two players to do this.

Comment

i think it's the sheet volume of purchases we've made that's been at the root of it. it might be going out on a limb here but i would suggest 1, at a push 2 new players. we've had 30 new players in three windows. prior to that, when NW came in we had the maximum about of loanees? we've not had a stable squad for years - literally years.
              i want to see someone manage the mob we've got and see what comes out of it.

the hughest effect from last season is looking more like the players and us fans fighting for our lives at LR winning the impossible run of games compared to great tacticianship...

Comment

It seems Mark Hughes has some verval skills to convince others. All the media talks are now pointing at his "stay" more than at his "leave". Its sad. Even if we assume that he is a great leader and manager, it will be really hard for him to change our players morale simply by talking to them in a team meeting. A new voice and team colour are needed atm. tranfer targets are the next things to consider after we change the major flow.

Comment

Hughes, if he is still with us, won't get much of a budget in January. He's been given a fair amount already and brought in lots of players. Ok, he'll be allowed to replace the likes of AJ and BZ, but not much else.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                    Hughes, if he is still with us, won't get much of a budget in January. He's been given a fair amount already and brought in lots of players. Ok, he'll be allowed to replace the likes of AJ and BZ, but not much else.
                    agreed, by christmas 2012 I want him gone. in Jan, hopefully we make some efficient purchase; a fine young striker like Fletcher and Suarez. and a fine young winger to replace SWP like C.Y.Lee

Comment

What transfer kitty T.F. stated there would not be much doing in January so I dont think there's much to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        What transfer kitty T.F. stated there would not be much doing in January so I dont think there's much to spend?
                        He said one or two, but that might change because of the injuries to the strikers.

Comment

I think we need defenders and strikers.

So we will probably get in Beckham, Ronaldinho and Giggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
                            I think we need defenders and strikers.

So we will probably get in Beckham, Ronaldinho and Giggs.
                            No mate, they're all too young for us

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                              No mate, they're all too young for us
                              Yes, you're right. I took it too far. Owen on loan to sort out our goal scoring problems

Comment

Working...
                              X