Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Rodney Marsh has got it so, so wrong

Originally posted by Rodney Marsh

If I was the owner, I would sit down now and say 'Mark, I am going to give you four games. I would say 'We are in desperate trouble. If we don't improve our league position in four games, I am going to have to make a change.

QPR's next four games

Man Utd (Away) 24 Nov
    Sunderland (Away) 27 Nov
    Aston Villa (Home) 1 Dec
    Wigan (Away) 8 Dec

First off I'm not entirely opposed to the thinking Marsh is applying, what I am opposed to having read his twitter feeds is that Rodney is out of touch with the modern game. Attempting to cite Alex Ferguson's turn around at United 20 years ago as an example of what can be achieved with time. I used to enjoy listening to Rodders on TalkSPORT, the man is a bit of a character and not afraid to speak his mind (regardless of how crass or ignorant it is). The problem I have is that Marsh is generalising about a situation he isn't witness too. The majority of QPR fans here I suspect will agree with me that this season has been pathetic. I find I can't be angry about the situation, I'm resigned to the continuing apathy that will ultimately see a downturn in attendances.

I would have agreed with Marsh ... had he said this after the Everton game. We then had Arsenal, Reading, Stoke, Southampton. Perhaps a little bit harsh and we were unlucky against Arsenal but the latter three matches were so poor that Hughes must be suffering delusions of grandeur if he cannot understand the problems at the club.

What the club needs now is a boost of confidence, a dose of reality. A manager to come in and lift the players. A few confidence boosting platitudes like "we'll go to Old Trafford and give it a go knowing we can hold our head up high whatever the result" as a platform to build on. A scrappy draw at Sunderland would be an ideal starting point to turn things around and a win against Aston Villa a must. In my humble opinion, these strike me as logical opinions. Yet to Rodney Marsh a former player who barely watches QPR play, he feels he is better qualified to comment on what is happening on the pitch than the fans. You can appreciate Fernandes not sacking Hughes earlier, he wanted to give him a chance but there does come a time where staid reticence becomes as illogical as overtly impulsive.

Absolutely hit the nail on the head.
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Sminky View Post
      .......staid reticence becomes as illogical as overtly impulsive.
      Come again?

Comment

I don't really agree about the 4 more games now but that might be exactly along the lines of what TF is thinking! I wouldn't call Rodders out of touch, he seems to pay good attention to many matches and I think he makes a point of watching QPR! His comments sometimes are controversial but I think he fancies a good debate!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
        X