Mark Hughes is a great manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Hughes is a great manager

This weekend 2 players who played under MH were on MOTD (Vincent Kompany)and MOTD2 (Steven Reid) and both said the same thing - that he is a great manager.

And yet it hasn't worked out for us.

I don't have any great insight - but it just seems strange that this season has been so awful. Everyone is saying the manager is rubbish and the players aren't good enough so why did everyone (or almost everyone) have us down for a mid-table position when there was a pre-season poll on this website?

I think MH has to go - but why/how did he become a bad manager?

its not as if he hasn't got his own team in..

these are his players and his tactics.

his problem is same he had at man city.. too much choice. he goes buying playings thinking he is wenger.. get the young talents and will reap the rewards.. what he actually did was completely take any backbone out of our first 11.

love him or hate him.. barton was part of the spine last season, along with derry, hill and yes that **** kenny. cisse was too but **** knows whats happened to him.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

it because of statements like this that he has become a bad manager. when we first appointed him, all you would hear is that "mark hughes is a good manager, he'll do well at qpr". its almost like he came here with nothing to prove and was given too much freedom. the time he spent being slack put him into a situation that now looks unfixable, his heart was just not in the job, and to be honest he had everything handed to him so easily that it didn't have to be.

Comment

Let's be honest, those players aren't going to sit on national TV and #### him off are they?

I think his arrogance and the fact that he ended up just playing fantasy football, signing too many big name past it players has been his undoing!

Comment

On reading more information about him there are a number of similarities with previous jobs. However they all seem to have come together at QPR. Blackburn had the worst disciplinary record while he was there. At Manchester City he signed too many players and had a very bad away record (though they were saved because they had the best record at home). At Fulham he saved them from going down but then left because they were unambitious. I assume this means that he was not going to be allowed to sign the vast number of players that he did here.,

Comment

My feeling is the players are shiiit and thick and self-interested. Jesus F Christ couldn't get them to defend.

Hughes bought them, I know. Still, I think that the players who have come in have no allegiance to the club and were available to us because others had worked out what they truly were...thick mercenary cntus.

The players are thieving sociopaths earning too much money to respond to criticism or coersion. Garbage in; garbage out. We've all done it, read the reviews, liked the packaging and bought a turd. We have bought a cesspit.

Comment

All the things he said about us at the end of last season, are still true this season. The one constant is Hughes himself. We need look no further than him imo.

Comment

Originally posted by davidla80 View Post
                This weekend 2 players who played under MH were on MOTD (Vincent Kompany)and MOTD2 (Steven Reid) and both said the same thing - that he is a great manager.

And yet it hasn't worked out for us.

I don't have any great insight - but it just seems strange that this season has been so awful. Everyone is saying the manager is rubbish and the players aren't good enough so why did everyone (or almost everyone) have us down for a mid-table position when there was a pre-season poll on this website?

I think MH has to go - but why/how did he become a bad manager?
                Interesting that the 2 players you have mentioned there are natural leaders, and that is exactly what we don't have.

I think the reason it has gone so bad for Hughes all goes back to not having a decent transfer policy and not understanding what skills and attributes are required in the squad. I get the feeling that we have allowed ourselves to be sold to by agents far too much over recent years, as a result we have picked up lots of gifted players who on paper look good but in reality either come with baggage (Diakite, Cisse, Barton) or are only here for the money (Park, Cesar, M'bia). Our squad, whilst on paper should be top 10, is effectively a group of talented misfits.

I think Hughes should had gone with a different approach when putting the squad together, i.e. established what the squad requires which this summer I would suggest should have included a captain, a couple of premiership quality centre halfs and at least 2 strikers injury free enough to see out a season. Instead he has signed a load of midfielders, I suspect because agents have been punting them and Tony Fernandes has said "yeah, go ahead Sparky" and left us short of leadership, and options up top and at the back.

I also reckon if Hughes had a few leaders like Steven Reid or Vincent Kompany in the dressing room we may not actually be in the predicament we are in now!
                Last edited by Tarbie; 19-11-2012, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                  Let's be honest, those players aren't going to sit on national TV and #### him off are they?

I think his arrogance and the fact that he ended up just playing fantasy football, signing too many big name past it players has been his undoing!
                  This^

Positives are the only things spoken on TV in situations likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                    Let's be honest, those players aren't going to sit on national TV and #### him off are they?!
                    No they won't but it's not a choice of effusive praise or criticism - they could have said something more neutral. In fact Reid didn't just praise Hughes but also his coaching team as well.

It seemed to me that they were genuinely praising him.

Comment

I presume the thread title is meant sarcastically?

Comment

Originally posted by Sminky View Post
                        I presume the thread title is meant sarcastically?
                        Well even if there are fans who still think MH should stay I doubt they would call him 'great'!
                        Read the first line of the OP and you'll see why the title is at it is.

Comment

Originally posted by davidla80 View Post
                          Well even if there are fans who still think MH should stay I doubt they would call him 'great'!
                          Read the first line of the OP and you'll see why the title is at it is.
                          I was actually being sarcastic myself

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                            On reading more information about him there are a number of similarities with previous jobs. However they all seem to have come together at QPR. Blackburn had the worst disciplinary record while he was there. At Manchester City he signed too many players and had a very bad away record (though they were saved because they had the best record at home). At Fulham he saved them from going down but then left because they were unambitious. I assume this means that he was not going to be allowed to sign the vast number of players that he did here.,
                            I guess that is a pretty good accurate description of his management ability and style.
                            He probably left Fulham because after finishing in a decent position he asked Al Fayed to back him in his extravagant spending plans and probably tad that Fulham are not a big spending Manchester club, Chelsea Tottenham etc and are building up slowly. So he decided they lacked ambition.

Comment

He's **** hot on Football Manager apparently. Some sceptics say he cheats on it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X