Training Ground Or Office...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Ground Or Office...

It's fairly common knowledge that Hughes was very much a 'stay in the office' manager at Fulham. Is that how he works now? What do people think of this type of manager? Personally I'd hate it if I was playing.

Is this just another angle to run him down Stedders?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      Is this just another angle to run him down Stedders?
      Beat me to it.

Next there will be a thread on whether he wipes his ar$e back to front or front to back.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Beat me to it.

Next there will be a thread on whether he wipes his ar$e back to front or front to back.
        Yeah mate

Comment

Fairly common knowledge or rumour taken as fact because you dont like the guy?
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Blimey!!! We have some defensive people on here.

Bearing in mind we are doing very poorly in the table, I thought it was interesting to look at potential reasons why by asking a genuine question. I did think that a forum was a place for this, but the ultra-defensive replies thus far suggest that a forum is not the place for debate! Welcome to China!

I was told this by an ex QPR player and someone who has managed in the game. I have heard it elsewhere too but I was actually interested in thoughts.

So back to the question, and please only respond to the question rather than just being paranoid/defensive/ridiculous. Does anyone know if he is on the training field, and also what are peoples' thoughts on this if he is or isn't? Should a manager be a tracksuit manager, or let assistants run it? Personally I feel a manager needs to be out there a fair amount of the time. But others may feel differently. I look forward to some proper answers instead of the rubbish above.

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
              Blimey!!! We have some defensive people on here.

Bearing in mind we are doing very poorly in the table, I thought it was interesting to look at potential reasons why by asking a genuine question. I did think that a forum was a place for this, but the ultra-defensive replies thus far suggest that a forum is not the place for debate! Welcome to China!

I was told this by an ex QPR player and someone who has managed in the game. I have heard it elsewhere too but I was actually interested in thoughts.

So back to the question, and please only respond to the question rather than just being paranoid/defensive/ridiculous. Does anyone know if he is on the training field, and also what are peoples' thoughts on this if he is or isn't? Should a manager be a tracksuit manager, or let assistants run it? Personally I feel a manager needs to be out there a fair amount of the time. But others may feel differently. I look forward to some proper answers instead of the rubbish above.
              Maybe if you actually elaborated abit more in your OP you might have got more sensible answers.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I've seen him on sky out with the players. So that means you can love him now,..... if you were a player!!!

Comment

Exactly, the way you worded it looked like just another "hughes is rubbish" thread.
                  I am not down the training ground obviously all the time but i should imagine he would be out there a fair amount of time. If you read recent reports from granero, taarabt, mackie, cisse and cesar, they all seem to think hughes is a great manager. They wouldnt be publically backing him if he was rubbish and not out there slogging with the players. Someone said in an interview (might have been zamora or anton, cant remember which) that hughes is the first man there and the last man out. Surely thats a good thing?
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Oh dear, still nobody is capable of discussion... Or at least the few on this thread. What do people think? Simple question...

My initial question was fine unless you are paranoid, Matty. I don't know what has been going on on here but I am being genuine. No agenda etc. Not that it even matters, this is hardly gong to change anything. If people don't want to answer the question then f-off, if you do then please do i would like to hear peoples' thoughts.

Ginger Ninger - just saw your answer. I hope he is out there, but players are not gonna criticise a manager who is incumbent, it would lose them their place as well as some money. At Fulham though he really was in the office most of the time so maybe he should do that more! lol
                    Last edited by Stedders; 07-11-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I don't really care where the manager is or what he does as long as it produces results. He could sit in a hotel room in Spain and Skype the players every day, so long as it worked.

Comment

You want to know what I think of the kind of manager that spends his time in the office rather than the training field...yes?
                        Well give me some examples of managers that spend their time in the office and I'll give you my opinion.

Comment

I gave you an example - Hughes did at Fulham. I asked if he does now, to anyone's knowledge. Other than that is a general question, but you are just being obtuse. Either answer it or ignore the thread! Simple. Clough wasn't on training ground loads but he had a lot of charisma. Hughes is very lacking in that area, but he does have a glittering career behind him so I wonder if that makes a positive difference. I was just pondering different types of managers.

Comment

A certain amount of his time will be spent doing office stuff, like media, meeting with the board etc. but I'd guess, and I'd hope, he's on the training ground a fair bit of time having a look at the squad before picking teams for matches.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

If it was my team, I'd be out there and making sure they understand what I wanted, I want to win the next game and the one after that.

I don't understand why managers sit in the office, what is he doing there, we have staff to do admin work.

Comment

Working...
                              X