Now Ive calmed down a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Ive calmed down a bit

I think in fairness my posts regarding sacking hughes tonight were directly after the game and fuelled by anger. Having thought about it a bit i cant see how getting rid before the reading game is going to do us any favours unless there is a ready made replacement coming straight in. I'm desperate for hughes to do well as stability is something we crave at QPR. Having said that failing to go at at them again today has cost us dear as has the continued indisipline of certain individuals. Its getting harder to defend him as he doesnt seem to learn from his mistakes very quickly if at all, would love to see him throw caution to the wind a bit more often and he must become more addaptable and pro active with his tactics as the game seems to pass him by before he makes a call. Come on sparky sort it out or TF is going to have to sort it for you

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
    I think in fairness my posts regarding sacking hughes tonight were directly after the game and fuelled by anger. Having thought about it a bit i cant see how getting rid before the reading game is going to do us any favours unless there is a ready made replacement coming straight in. I'm desperate for hughes to do well as stability is something we crave at QPR. Having said that failing to go at at them again today has cost us dear as has the continued indisipline of certain individuals. Its getting harder to defend him as he doesnt seem to learn from his mistakes very quickly if at all, would love to see him throw caution to the wind a bit more often and he must become more addaptable and pro active with his tactics as the game seems to pass him by before he makes a call. Come on sparky sort it out or TF is going to have to sort it for you

Well said!!
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Well i calmed down weeks ago and wanted him gone then,nothing has changed and as you say he dosent seem to learn from his mistakes so i've just given up really and this season is gonna be a helluva long one as we slide into the championship without a whimper,not sure how long TF gives him but i already think its too late :o(

Comment

So negative today. Never looked like scoring until injury time. As usual too little too late
        http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

yep and if mbia hadn't had his moment of madness - which i suppose was the fault of hughes too - we wd almost certainly have got a point. i thought we looked a lot better today under hughes than we did this time last season under warnock, but each to their own.

Comment

Did look better but in theory we have better, if not more expensive players

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
              Did look better but in theory we have better, if not more expensive players
              True, but if we bring in holloway - who is really a younger warnock - wd he be able to handle these players? we have moved up a gear now and we need a big reputation manager - they wd just laugh at olly. can you imagine caesar's reaction for instance? there is talk of hughes losing the dressing room but some second rater like that wd never have won it. not sure any better manager wd want to come.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
                So negative today. Never looked like scoring until injury time. As usual too little too late
                Yes you are! What's new?........................

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  yep and if mbia hadn't had his moment of madness - which i suppose was the fault of hughes too - we wd almost certainly have got a point. i thought we looked a lot better today under hughes than we did this time last season under warnock, but each to their own.
                  it is his constant stupid decisions, not the result, that make people want him sacked. we could have lost 5-0 today, but had he not been making clueless calls, people would have just said it happens and let him carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                    it is his constant stupid decisions, not the result, that make people want him sacked. we could have lost 5-0 today, but had he not been making clueless calls, people would have just said it happens and let him carry on.
                    Spot on . He has to help himself

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      No denying that QPR look better than last season, but so they shoyld considering the money spent on the team.

And yes had Mbia not been stupid to get sent off or had the ref standing close to the 6 yard box, been able to spot Arteta in an offside position a foot from the goalline, QPR might have gotten a point. However, there is no denying that Arsenal were quite poor and QPR should have been a bit more of an attacking force if they wanted to try and win the game and leaving Zamora isolated was not going to do it.

Defoe is playing in a similar position at Spurs, but he is more mobile and is capable of scoring 15 or more goals a season, Zamora is not.

QPR are struggling for goals and this formation and team selection is not going to help improve things any time soon.

I would prefer Hughes to stay on, but I would also like to see him change tactics, at least for some games, because at present whatever it is he is doing, is not working well.
                      November will be a crucial month for him. Anything less than a 7 point haul will almost certainly see him out of his job. Not sure if it will help matters too much, as sacking managers during the season often fails to achieve results. And I certainly don't want to see Holloway back as I agree he is a younger version of Warnock and for me this lack of good options will be a major factor in whether Hughes stays or goes.

Comment

Yes you are! What's new?.......................
                        Blimey, left that humour behind in the Juniors. Shouldn't you be hollowing put pumpkins or something?

Comment

Working...
                        X