holloway or redknapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holloway or redknapp

well eveery qpr fan seem to agree that sparkie made a massive mistake in not sending on mackie and cisse and leaving zamora on

we know that against arsenal we are going to lose 2-0

we know under hughes we wont win away from home all season

so who do you guys prefer to be our new manager,this assuming he does lose to arsenal 2-0
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

So we've lost the Arsenal match a week in advance have we? Never mind that it was actually a decent performance for the most part on Sunday and if it wasn't for our current position in the table, would have been a decent result.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
      well eveery qpr fan seem to agree that sparkie made a massive mistake in not sending on mackie and cisse and leaving zamora on

so who do you guys prefer to be our new manager,this assuming he does lose to arsenal 2-0
      Personally i didnt want Mackie to come on and Zamora was having a shocker so not surprised he came off... Cisse looked much more of a threat in 20 mins than Zamora in 70. Before anyone pipes up about he's there to hold the ball up and link play, it means nothing if he doesn't do that well either, which he didnt on Sunday.
      all our midfielders were more likely to create or score than Zamora sunday so can't understand others saying he should've stayed on and one of them be subbed.

Add to that we had two defensive problems which forced subs, so that was that.

AS for Arsenal, who knows, yes we'll probably lose, but it's also possible we'll surprise everyone and nick a point or more when completely unexpected. Who thought we'd beat them last season when on a 7 match winning streak and had recently spanked Chelsea...? Who thought Norwich would beat them this weekend....?

The point is nobody knows anything yet. They could have a player sent off in 10 mins.... and being at home and the way they are they would still commit players forward unlike Everton wanted to with 10 men and we could capitalise.... Who knows!

As for Harry, no thanks... biggest myth in football that he's so great. He has about 50 coaches train the side and on matchday if things aren't working, he can never change it mid game which tells me he's a lot more clueless than many think. His teams may play nicely, and if they win fine, but when it goes wrong.... nothing. He also buys huge numbers of players that often arent' needed and then never plays them, doesn't rotate and rest the squad well either. Also if hes so great what exactly did he do to when Spurs threw away 3rd place from Jan last year when they went on a massive poor run.....

As for Olly, i like him a lot and is a legend in my eyes for what he did on peanuts, and although recently he's worked wonders with Blackpool, i cannot ever get away from the fact he'd chose to play George Santos up front many times, or others would have only 2ft tall Cureton up front and proceed to encourage a long ball tactic to him.... genius.

Stick with Hughes.

Comment

What a b*lls up eh?? Come on Hughesy ffs leave on 2 players that can't do their jobs through injury and tiredness and bring on Mackie (who a high % of this board do nothing but #### him off) and Cisse, who sadly at the mo couldn't identify a cow let alone hit its a*se with a banjo. Lets just go for it.....and leave our defence wide open against a team sitting 4th in the league, and beaten only once........ to nip in and take the 3 points.
        A point combined with the overall performance on sunday was a good point.........imo

Comment

"well eveery qpr fan seem to agree that sparkie made a massive mistake in not sending on mackie"

Really, i would say that view would be a minority viewpoint
          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Personally i didnt want Mackie to come on and Zamora was having a shocker so not surprised he came off... Cisse looked much more of a threat in 20 mins than Zamora in 70. Before anyone pipes up about he's there to hold the ball up and link play, it means nothing if he doesn't do that well either, which he didnt on Sunday.
            all our midfielders were more likely to create or score than Zamora sunday so can't understand others saying he should've stayed on and one of them be subbed.

Add to that we had two defensive problems which forced subs, so that was that.

AS for Arsenal, who knows, yes we'll probably lose, but it's also possible we'll surprise everyone and nick a point or more when completely unexpected. Who thought we'd beat them last season when on a 7 match winning streak and had recently spanked Chelsea...? Who thought Norwich would beat them this weekend....?

The point is nobody knows anything yet. They could have a player sent off in 10 mins.... and being at home and the way they are they would still commit players forward unlike Everton wanted to with 10 men and we could capitalise.... Who knows!

As for Harry, no thanks... biggest myth in football that he's so great. He has about 50 coaches train the side and on matchday if things aren't working, he can never change it mid game which tells me he's a lot more clueless than many think. His teams may play nicely, and if they win fine, but when it goes wrong.... nothing. He also buys huge numbers of players that often arent' needed and then never plays them, doesn't rotate and rest the squad well either. Also if hes so great what exactly did he do to when Spurs threw away 3rd place from Jan last year when they went on a massive poor run.....

As for Olly, i like him a lot and is a legend in my eyes for what he did on peanuts, and although recently he's worked wonders with Blackpool, i cannot ever get away from the fact he'd chose to play George Santos up front many times, or others would have only 2ft tall Cureton up front and proceed to encourage a long ball tactic to him.... genius.

Stick with Hughes.
            I share absolutely the same opinion!!! About everything is said.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
              "well eveery qpr fan seem to agree that sparkie made a massive mistake in not sending on mackie"

Really, i would say that view would be a minority viewpoint
              I definately did not want to see mackie.

And Cisse did come on, I agree it was slightly late but Hughes always seems to make attacking subs around the 70 minute mark so it didn't suprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                What a b*lls up eh?? Come on Hughesy ffs leave on 2 players that can't do their jobs through injury and tiredness and bring on Mackie (who a high % of this board do nothing but #### him off) and Cisse, who sadly at the mo couldn't identify a cow let alone hit its a*se with a banjo. Lets just go for it.....and leave our defence wide open against a team sitting 4th in the league, and beaten only once........ to nip in and take the 3 points.
                A point combined with the overall performance on sunday was a good point.........imo
                Spot on dave

Comment

Do they really?

I know Zamora didn't have a good game, but he was mostly marked by two players who often fouled him in the process. Also, Hughes couldnt really make attacking substitutions because Traore and Nelsen were struggling to finish the match.

Would you have preferred Hughes to start with Onuoha and Ferdinand?

The overall performance was good, but as usual a concentration lapse cost QPR a goal and the two points. Although it has to be said that Everton literally threw bodies in the way to deny QPR a winner. Everton fought hard and earned the draw.

and no, I dont want to see Holloway back. I still have nightmares (not really) about how he selected Santos as a forward and the long high balls aimed at Cureton and Gallen. He may have changed his tactics with Blackpool, but they got relegated because they could not defend and he is not exactly doing so well with them this season.
                  Last edited by stanistheman; 23-10-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Totally agree. But we're all still worried about the lack of strength in depth up front. But at least Hughes has now learned that he has to play Adel and Holliett and not play SWP. Now he needs to learn that Park, however industrious (and he's no more industrious than other players), hasn't had anything to contribute going forward......

Comment

Well said Dave.

Also, what's to say Redknapp and Holloway would want to come to our club? We go through managers like anything, average 17k at home, sign player after player and then crucify the majority of them after a couple of bad games and still demand instant success, hardly an attractive club if you ask me.

Stick with Hughes. It will work out far better in the long run.

Comment

Ollie or droopy? Neither. Hughes.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Stick with Mark whatever - he and the team will come good. Have faith.

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              Totally agree. But we're all still worried about the lack of strength in depth up front. But at least Hughes has now learned that he has to play Adel and Holliett and not play SWP. Now he needs to learn that Park, however industrious (and he's no more industrious than other players), hasn't had anything to contribute going forward......
                              Well we're all worried tbf mate, no one wants us where we are. Regarding Park, just wonder whether we have enough MF's going forward, Adel,Granero, Diakite, and Hoilett and without Park's constant harri-ing, running, closing down and tackling, we might be too open?........

Comment

Working...
                              X