Korean fans - let's not be harsh on them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean fans - let's not be harsh on them

I have been quite disappointed with the way some fans have been treating the Korans fans who have started "supporting" QPR. Yes, most of us here on this board are life-long fans, we have always supported QPR, and we always will. And so when some others come along, who we think are fair-weather fans, we get upset, and start treating them as second class fans.

I think this is not fair, and we should not judge these fans with the same standard that we judge ourselves. If some African league was amongst the best in the world and all the best players went there and it was broadcast in the media all the time, and Rodney Marsh's son started playing football for a team over there, I would probably start "supporting" that team. I am not from Africa, I have no association with the clubs, so Marshy's son would give me a reason. If he left after a season, I would probably stop following the club, but if he was there for three to four seasons, it might well be that I have truly started to like the club, and so I will always remain a "fan". And this is how I see the Korean fans - they don't have an association with QPR, they love Park, and he is now here. So they are here too. And if he stays for some time, I am sure some of them will also start to love QPR, and will stay even when he goes. And for those who go when Park goes, good luck to them. We should at least enjoy the time that they are here supporting us - as they say, carpe diem!
    Last edited by Marshy; 22-10-2012, 02:47 PM. Reason: posts below!

Agreed... Some people want us to be a tiny supported club forever by the sounds of it
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
      I have been quite disappointed with the way some fans have been treating the Korans fans who have started "supporting" QPR. Yes, most of us here on this board are life-long fans, we have always supported QPR, and we always will. And so when some others come along, who we think are fair-weather fans, we get upset, and start treating them as second class fans.

I think this is not fair, and we should not judge these fans with the same standard that we judge ourselves. If some African league was amongst the best in the world and all the best players went there and it was broadcast in the media all the time, and Rodney Marsh's son started playing football for a team over there, I would probably start "supporting" that team. I am not from Africa, I have no association with the clubs, so Marshy's son would give me one. If he left after a season, I would probably stop following the club, but if he was there for three to four seasons, it might well be that I have truly started to like the club, and so I will always remain a "fan". And this is how I see the Korean fans - they don't have an association with QPR, they love Park, and he is now here. So they are here too. And if he stays for some time, I am sure some of them will also start to love QPR, and will stay even when he goes. And for those who go when Park goes, good luck to them. We should at least enjoy the time that they are here supporting us - as they say, carpe diem!
      Interesting..!!

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
        Interesting..!!
        Different strokes for different folks !!
        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
        London Pride is a flower that's free.
        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

I don't have a problem with our new followers. There are some, like Bon who's a good lad, who will stick with us.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
            Interesting..!!
            Edited!

Comment

Bon ####ing lives on here,he will have 30k posts by xmas
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

The more new fans we win over, the better for the club. I don't care where they come from, but I for one, welcome them.

Comment

with love from Morocco to Korea ! nice blocks they r just shy they will change with this globalism.

Comment

What people forget is that in reality with this influx of "foreign" supporters nothing is really going to alter going to watch the R's on a Saturday afternoon - apart from one major thing - all the money they generate in extra shirt sales etc will mean that the calibre of footballer your are watching will be infinately better than at any point in the past 15 years. A price worth paying for having a few Koreans online - I'd say so!!!!
                    Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Its easy to get an access here in Seoul. Everywhere free internet and i have S3 and a tablet pc

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post

I think this is not fair, and we should not judge these fans with the same standard that we judge ourselves. If some African league was amongst the best in the world and all the best players went there and it was broadcast in the media all the time, and Rodney Marsh's son started playing football for a team over there, I would probably start "supporting" that team. I am not from Africa, I have no association with the clubs, so Marshy's son would give me a reason. If he left after a season, I would probably stop following the club, but if he was there for three to four seasons, it might well be that I have truly started to like the club, and so I will always remain a "fan". And this is how I see the Korean fans - they don't have an association with QPR, they love Park, and he is now here. So they are here too. And if he stays for some time, I am sure some of them will also start to love QPR, and will stay even when he goes. And for those who go when Park goes, good luck to them. We should at least enjoy the time that they are here supporting us - as they say, carpe diem!
                        Right On mate!!
                        Maybe its called harnessing the new wave of fans in the 21st century.
                        I say you just got to figure out what's good for the club, be more flexible and go with the flow!

Comment

Thank you mister. because i study enlglish and journalism this forum always help me alot.

Comment

There are some people from Morocco here in Korea. Their french is perfect! And they speak korean too!

Comment

Originally posted by bonheurjh View Post
                              There are some people from Morocco here in Korea. Their french is perfect! And they speak korean too!
                              yes most speak French coz it is the second language in Morocco (studies, news, business etc), we study it from primary school and up.
                              yes some travel to Korea , its visa free we dnt need visa between us because we have many cooperations. in my city we have many Koreans here mainly fishing and engineers. some Korean bars and restaurants also exist.
                              cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X