Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with Redknapp...........

He seems the man that most Rangers fans want as he is 'available.'

I know a large number of Spurs fans and the number one thing they tell me about him and this is above all the 'baggage' that comes with him is that he has no interest whatsoever in the Academy side of the football club. He is only interested in the first team. Now we are a club trying to build something and the youth team is going to be a big part of that. We will need a manager who is committed to that to getting it work. Redknapp would be a very short term move. He is not the answer for the long term. Bringing him in would mean getting rid of many of the current backroom staff which would cost a hell of a lot of money in compensation and we would be bringing in the likes of Kevin Bond, Joe Jordan and no doubt a certain Clive Allen.

I think Fernandes will give Hughes until the 10th game. Hughes needs a win against Everton, a performance against Arsenal where we will lose and then we will have to beat Reading. That might save him, otherwise Fernandes and Beard will have some serious thinking to do.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

The more i think about Redknapp, the more i want Hughes to stay. There is a long term plan and we need to stick to it. I think we will do better against Everton.

Comment

And what if Redknapp fails to turn things around in his first 7-10 games? Do we panic again, and sack him too, do we re-install the revolving door for managers at Loftus Rd, and become what we once were under the Briatore regime, an utter joke of a club, and one most decent managers would avoid like the plague?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
        And what if Redknapp fails to turn things around in his first 7-10 games? Do we panic again, and sack him too, do we re-install the revolving door for managers at Loftus Rd, and become what we once were under the Briatore regime, an utter joke of a club, and one most decent managers would avoid like the plague?
        This.

I've given it some thought and as much as we seem useless at the moment, I'm happy to give Fernandes my support and in turn support Hughes, because it means we'll be far stronger as a result. We've always cried out for stability at this club- now we have a chance for it.

Comment

Working...
        X