Hint of a positive from Monday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hint of a positive from Monday....

I've mainly remained off the board after Monday's defeat as it was too depressing to consider coming on here for the obvious, and in most cases warranted negativity.

Anyway, not sure if mentioned before, but a slight positive in an otherwise negative outcome was Diakite for me. Yes he was stupid diving in and getting a 2nd yellow, he need s to learn from this and cut it out of his game, but for the 20 mins he was on, he looked like the Diakite of last season with good touch, linkplay, skill and driving runs......

Hopefully therefore, he may be over his issues and raring to go. Signs are good at least.

Totally agree, I would drop Cisse and SWP.

Adel behind Bobby and a three man Midfield!! Scary and tough!!!

Comment

The guys a beast , looked like the old samba and that can only be a good thing for us . If he follows up this sending off the way he did the last one ill be a happy boy

Comment

Totally agree. Red was silly, he farked us in the end, but trying to take a positive view he did look every ounce a top player whilst he was on the field. Somebody seriously needs to tell him how to tackle, and we will have a top player! Him in CM with Faurlin & Granero, with Hoilet & Tarbs playing off Zamora will be 1 helluva midfield & forward line IMO.

Another tiny positive for me was Mbia. Think he needs abit of "taming" and time to get used to the English game but looks a very raw talent, quite impressed tbh. Loved his nutmeg on Carroll - one of the very few positive moments of that game for me!
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Amazing how a couple of days standing back and assessing can completely change your perspective on things , if I felt now like I did Monday night at ten pm I think if have gone mad by now onwards and upwards .

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            Amazing how a couple of days standing back and assessing can completely change your perspective on things , if I felt now like I did Monday night at ten pm I think if have gone mad by now onwards and upwards .
            In the ground Monday I was in a right foul mood. When hat second goal went in I felt like just getting up and leaving! Then when Adel curled that beauty in I was adament we would win that game .... Then we didnt & I had a face like a slapped #### all the way home. Amazing how many frigging emotions you can go through during a 90min game of football!!
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Totally agree. Red was silly, he farked us in the end, but trying to take a positive view he did look every ounce a top player whilst he was on the field. Somebody seriously needs to tell him how to tackle, and we will have a top player! Him in CM with Faurlin & Granero, with Hoilet & Tarbs playing off Zamora will be 1 helluva midfield & forward line IMO.

Another tiny positive for me was Mbia. Think he needs abit of "taming" and time to get used to the English game but looks a very raw talent, quite impressed tbh. Loved his nutmeg on Carroll - one of the very few positive moments of that game for me!

Agree about Mbia Matty. I think early doors he was finding out what the prem was about, but by the end thought this lot up front for them aren't anything special and he really came into his own with a brilliant performance 2nd half and particularly when down to 10 men. Looks strong, very quick and plays a simple pass... Good player.

Comment

i have been impressed with m'bia since he's played for us. i know his natural position is a bit more forward however he appears to read the game well, has good presence around the box and i have confidence when the ball heads towards him that he will deal with it adequately. this is a player who will make a significant difference for us this season methinks.
                come on you r's!

Comment

Working...
                X