The Faurlin and Granero problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Faurlin and Granero problem

First of all, I don't think they had a terrible game, I think the tactics were wrong which meant we didn't see the best of these two - different thing!

I like them both (despite my thread that Taraabt is better than Granero, I still like the guy), but I am not sure if a centre midfield partnership of the two will work. Neither is a very physical player, and we look really weak with them in the middle. When Diakite plays, we have a lot of "muscle" in there, and I feel comfortable. With these two, the back four seems exposed to me.

To be fair to them, they have not played much together, and maybe they will gel, but I am just not sure. This is why I think buying Granero was a mistake for us, not because he is not a good player, but I just cannot see Faurlin and Granero together - there has to be a Derry or Diakite in there.

West Ham had three in there from the start why didnt we? Who chose the formation?

Comment

these two boys are superb, what the problem is the defensive midfielders, diakite in and one other, to lose to west ham alarm bells i'm afraid
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

They definitely need a bit of pace and strength alongside them, no good playing pretty passing football if there isn't someone there to drive the ball forwards every now and then.. Hopefully Diakitie won't disappear for another few weeks after his suspension.

Comment

The problem is we have a midfield, particularly Faurlin, who hardly ever pass the ball forwards

Comment

Diakite, Faurlin, Granero, Hoilett and Taarabt should be our midfield fivesome, and Zamora should play upfront on his own. As for Park, I don't think he's good enough to play in the staring 11 at the moment. He should hand the captains armband to Anton Ferdinand because he's the only player in our side that will play on a regular basis and has the leadership attributes

Comment

Not their fought. The problem was our formation. When I saw the formation then I knew we were in trouble as Nolan would exploit us and he did.

Comment

Depends on the oppo. Them 2 bossed Spurs, but Wet Spam were a big physical bunch and boss them 2. Need to change the players accordingly for games. Ie, when we go to Stoke, Faurlin & Granero should not play - yet when we play a footballing side, I think they will excel.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Too similar. As someone said above we're lacking a cruncher in there. Went with a neutral mate last night who said midfield is decent but too weak.
                  http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

do good sides allow them the ball , because with it they are pretty unaffective , as Clough said once , float like a butterfly and sting like one
                    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
                      Too similar. As someone said above we're lacking a cruncher in there. Went with a neutral mate last night who said midfield is decent but too weak.
                      We need a physical midfielder, like a Joey Barton who would get stuck in oops

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        Depends on the oppo. Them 2 bossed Spurs, but Wet Spam were a big physical bunch and boss them 2. Need to change the players accordingly for games. Ie, when we go to Stoke, Faurlin & Granero should not play - yet when we play a footballing side, I think they will excel.
                        Now that is sense.

Comment

Recall Joey in Jan put him back in the 25

Comment

..................Cesar
                            Bosingwa, Mbia, Nelson, Fabio/Traore
                            ................Diakite
                            ...........Granero, Faurlin
                            Taarabt........................Hoilet
                            ...............Zamora

Thats the answer for physical and for less physical

..................Cesar
                            Bosingwa, Mbia, Nelson, Fabio/Traore
                            ...........Granero, Faurlin
                            Park...........Taarabt.........Hoilet
                            ...............Zamora

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Looked like we had a different tactics yesterday. We didn't play through our midfield but tried to pass long balls directly to the strikers. That didn't work at all and Granero & Faurlin never got into the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X