Where did we use to drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRbob View Post
    A shame to hear that, was a good fella. Can't remember Boycey, but can remember Gripper, Meatball, Britt and too many others to mention.
    blimey bob, britts a very good mate of mine,still drink together now,spider,arnie,norman ring any bells
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I'd go in the Wimpy most days, friends of the staff. Chris always had an eye for the girls, which made going in there all so much better. Didn't Chris have that big White house in Eastcote lane, just before the Racecourse Estate.
      Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

i

we loved chris he was a charactor,and some of the best days of my life were spent up in south harrow
        we would jump 0n a 140 bus and have a lovely meal up at the wimpy those were great days bob
        im 54 year of age now bob are you simular in age

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
          blimey bob, britts a very good mate of mine,still drink together now,spider,arnie,norman ring any bells
          All a bit scetchy, wasn't Britt a Spud? Arnie as in Paul Arnold?. Another one I remember is Hammer.
          sounds like we could have drank together. I was one of the two Bobs, Little Bob and Big Bob. I'm 6ft 2 so leave you to guess which one I am;D
          Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.

Comment

yeah

another wonderfull thing about south harrow was the little photo booth in the station
            i took three lots of photos that i have kept all my life which show me as a
            teenager,those were great days ,and the south harrow geezers freindlyness
            did effect us all because for about three years we would go to chris wimpy bar and we never had any trouble so we can conclude there just wasnt any hate between south harrow and northolt
            unlike south ruislip and northolt that used to kick off all the time so
            HARRY DAYS BOB I USED TO GO TO SOUTH HARROW MARKET AND BUY ME WORK TROUSERS
            AND BUY ME RECORDS FROM SELANBYS WHICH WAS JUST PASED THE STATION MY BROTHER WORKED FOR BESS CARS DRIVING EVERYONE HOME FROM THE PUB
            lovely memories

Comment

RFE

I'm a little younger than you, I'm 46

Comment

still

still happy days ,the old days are full of lovely memories when we could drink loads of beer and have the crack

Comment

Originally posted by QPRbob View Post
                  All a bit scetchy, wasn't Britt a Spud? Arnie as in Paul Arnold?. Another one I remember is Hammer.
                  sounds like we could have drank together. I was one of the two Bobs, Little Bob and Big Bob. I'm 6ft 2 so leave you to guess which one I am;D
                  bang on bob,britt the spud and arnie west ham,i,ll tell em big bob says ello.probably have drunk together,remember the 2 lezzes, big les and little les,im a bit younger than you at 40,nickname london,dont ask me why

Comment

qprbob-have you got two west ham supporting brothers? brian & frank?

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                      qprbob-have you got two west ham supporting brothers? brian & frank?
                      No, only child.

Comment

Hi vanhoop,

Been a long time reader but never registered until now when your post caught my eye. Boycey sr was my old man but thought you ought to know he sadly passed away in February. Predictably enough he was in the pub (Hennessy's) when he collapsed, but seemed to be on the mend and his death was unexpected.

On a lighter note, take it you know the likes of Dennis, Geordie Davy, Les and Badger? I remember The Con in the good old bad old days. Didn't visit that often but knew a few of the faces - 'Ladders' Tony, Gary and Danny the Blagger being a couple that spring to mind. Might catch you for a pint next time I'm over that way.

Cheers,

Boycey

Comment

were you part on the young con ? i used to drink in the mitre by east lane-demolished now used to be run by one of arsenals lads
                          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                          London Pride is a flower that's free.
                          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Only used to go there now and then to visit the old man so nothing like a regular. Know a few pubs around that area - my mum and dad used to go 'courting' in the Half Moon and my Great Grandad was a regular at The Swan in Northolt many moons ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Boycey View Post
                              Hi vanhoop,

Been a long time reader but never registered until now when your post caught my eye. Boycey sr was my old man but thought you ought to know he sadly passed away in February. Predictably enough he was in the pub (Hennessy's) when he collapsed, but seemed to be on the mend and his death was unexpected.

On a lighter note, take it you know the likes of Dennis, Geordie Davy, Les and Badger? I remember The Con in the good old bad old days. Didn't visit that often but knew a few of the faces - 'Ladders' Tony, Gary and Danny the Blagger being a couple that spring to mind. Might catch you for a pint next time I'm over that way.

Cheers,
                              Boycey
                              boycey,thats really shook me,know he was using henneseys,said to me he couldnt take the walk up to the con,know all them names he used to call me vertical ray and me mate was horizontal ray youre father was a gentleman,a funny funny man.always enjoyed a pint with john and one eyed badger.will raise a pint in the star for him.if you fancy a pint,den and geordie dave have my number. RIP JOHN

Comment

QPRBOB, brit sez hows the knee,apparently you never hesitated to get it out and have a good scratch

Comment

Working...
                                X