Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is an England flag with QPR written on it offensive ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is an England flag with QPR written on it offensive ?

I sit on the front row of the S A Road Stand and about 3 times a year,( first game, last game and when we play chelsea ) I tape my QPR England Flag in front of me. On Saturday at about 35 mins , a steward came along and said I had to take my flag down. I said no and just before Half time, two stewards came along and demanded I take it down. I said "on whose authority ?" the said it had been spotted by someone in the CCTV room. I was getting angry at this stage , saying that I have had this flag here when we were in the 3rd tier long before they had jobs here. I then took the flag off the side and showed them it and asked "Is this offensive?" and one of them answered "Yes". For the second half we held it over the side anyway.

Can someone tell me WTF is going on ?

it is not offensive at all. And how come we are allowed Moroccan flags in the ground if an England flag is not allowed.

Was it covering anything? Or was the reason that it was offensive? If the latter as you suggest, then you should demand an explanation from the club as I find the fact they are saying our national flag is offensive to be digusting and will let them know my views too.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Hi Silvercue, no it was not covering anything, no ads there just plain white board. I sit near the Corner Flag of the Loft End. I am thinking of writing to the club about this , otherwise will I have the same problem on the last day of the season ?

Comment

i saw the with the Essex Rs flag in the P block on saturday, the devil makes work for idle hands and when these buffoons have little to do they make it their business to ruin everybody elses day. Theyre intellect is so limited he didnt know what offensive meant, however, if you do appraoch the club on this theyll tell you that your flag requires a fire certificate etc. We live in sad times where bureaucracy etc ruins a lot of peoples enjoyment

Comment

I think it will kick off with the stewards before long as they think they own the ground. On saturday they were telling people to take there flags down then some guy was standing at the top of the stair well and a steward told him in an agressive manner to "MOVE",the guy said alright mate easy im going down stairs and the steward said "NOW",the guy said whats your problem and the reply was your blocking peoples view(ok fair enough,but dont need the attitude),when the guy went down stairs the steward stood in exactly the same place,so i politely asked can you move please your now blocking my view and whats the difference with that other guy standing there and you,and he replied "COZ IM ALLOWED". absolute jobsworths !!

Comment

As Willis said, they took down two in P block, nothing offensive on them, just QPR flags. They were not covering any advertising boards either.

My opinion is that they dont want the St Georges flag on show around the ground and around the world as it might put international punters off- which is ridiculous.

We should get a thread on the go a few days before the West Ham game telling people to bring as many flags as they can. Decorate the ground in QPR colours for the Sky cameras to see.

It does make you realise how corporate and s*** football has become when QPR fans cant even display QPR flags at the home of QPR!!!!

Comment

What a joke. Hope the club sort this out.

Comment

Sounds like steward wanted the flag down for whatever reason, and was being a smart ####.

If it was blocking someone's view, or even, god forbid, an advertising board you can maybe understand it. Probably a CCTV operator trying to justify their salary more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                  i saw the with the Essex Rs flag in the P block on saturday, the devil makes work for idle hands and when these buffoons have little to do they make it their business to ruin everybody elses day. Theyre intellect is so limited he didnt know what offensive meant, however, if you do appraoch the club on this theyll tell you that your flag requires a fire certificate etc. We live in sad times where bureaucracy etc ruins a lot of peoples enjoyment
                  Sadly, this is probably right. No disrespect to any decent stewards out there, but many do seem to be some of life's 'losers' and so revel in the little authority they may have. They get a kick out of telling people what to do.

Comment

The stewarding at Loftus Rd has become a major problem now.
                    The way they are going about their jobs, is ruining too many people's overall enjoyment of the matchday experience at QPR.
                    This will lead to people staying away from Loftus Rd on matchdays, depriving the club of funds. I cannot see the sense in that.
                    TF, PB, Amit, et al, must sort this out pronto.
                    The stewards cannot be allowed to continue in their obtrusive manner on matchdays.
                    We are paying customers, paying no small fee for the privilege, and unless there is real trouble to contend with, stewards should only be seen, and certainly not heard.

Comment

A steward being a smart ####, well i never!

I think the flag thing is a good idea, i think the authorites need reminding that this is our game and not theirs.

Saturday was a real reminder of how much fun football can be and once was, then after a number of incidents with stewards across the ground swiftly reminder us that the fun police will still do their utmost to ruin the experience for everyone. I had a skinny korean stood next to me on saturday where loads of people couldnt get to their seats he had to share his space with me, now he whether he didnt complain because he didnt care, couldnt speak english or was possibly a little intimidated I dont know. but i got the feeling he had the time of his life experiencing football the way it should be not the timid dross they want us to conform to. In the second half he stood on the seat and took photos on his iphone every 2mins, I reckon hell go home and tell people about how much he enjoyed the football culture, atmosphere etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                        The stewarding at Loftus Rd has become a major problem now.
                        The way they are going about their jobs, is ruining too many people's overall enjoyment of the matchday experience at QPR.
                        This will lead to people staying away from Loftus Rd on matchdays, depriving the club of funds. I cannot see the sense in that.
                        TF, PB, Amit, et al, must sort this out pronto.
                        The stewards cannot be allowed to continue in their obtrusive manner on matchdays.
                        We are paying customers, paying no small fee for the privilege, and unless there is real trouble to contend with, stewards should only be seen, and certainly not heard.
                        I know a lot of people will groan when they read this but when i go to the cricket i pick up on the fact that the stewards have treated me as a paying punter and not like sometihng they scrape off their shoe, and tbh i shouldnt be picking up on the fact that the stewards have treated me accordingly. football generally has got the impression that it is a commodity that has limitless popularity and this arrogance shows on many levels. the sad thing is that i dont believe people will stop going to LR because of stewarding, but what will happen is that people will end up losing their temper and lashing out which will land them a ban for a incident that wouldve probably been avoidable if the stewards learned a little about customer service, manners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                          I know a lot of people will groan when they read this but when i go to the cricket i pick up on the fact that the stewards have treated me as a paying punter and not like sometihng they scrape off their shoe, and tbh i shouldnt be picking up on the fact that the stewards have treated me accordingly. football generally has got the impression that it is a commodity that has limitless popularity and this arrogance shows on many levels. the sad thing is that i dont believe people will stop going to LR because of stewarding, but what will happen is that people will end up losing their temper and lashing out which will land them a ban for a incident that wouldve probably been avoidable if the stewards learned a little about customer service, manners etc.
                          You could well be right, mate.......But, how long will people pay through the nose for an experience continuously ruined by over-officious ####?
                          There'll be some, yes.......Likewise, there'll be some who will say, 'fark that for a game of soldiers, I'll go somewhere my custom is appreciated.'
                          Steps can be taken to eradicate this stewarding problem we have at Loftus Rd, let's hope the club takes them, as this surely cannot be allowed to continue.

Comment

Why don't the club just write something on the official website about this, it would make it official and we wouldn't get told off about it.

You was only promoting your club & country, what's wrong with that?

Comment

well against cardiff a few years ago we were told wed be arrested if we cotninued to sing ingerlund ingerlund outside the adelaide as we were inciting racial hatred apparently!

Comment

Working...
                              X