Anton Ferdinand plans civil action against John Terry in racism case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anton Ferdinand plans civil action against John Terry in racism case

Anton Ferdinand is considering taking a civil action against John Terry should the Chelsea defender escape serious punishment from the forthcoming Football Association inquiry into his alleged racist behaviour.

More...

Anton planning civil action v Terry

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...cism-case.html
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I think AF needs to think long and hard about all this. The criminal case failed we wait to see what happens re the FA charge. If and its a big if they to cant prove the case any case in a civil courts could well backfire big time.
      My reading is that AF would have to prove that the emotional distress suffered must be "severe." I would guess he would have to prove the act (not what happened afterwards) was the cause.
      For me if AF really is considering a civil action he is being poorly advised possibly even being dragged into a wider dispute and all of this risks the chance of him being the subject of a counter claim ( remember what he admitted saying to Terry prior to Terrys comments)and then any moral high ground will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by terraloon View Post
        I think AF needs to think long and hard about all this. The criminal case failed we wait to see what happens re the FA charge. If and its a big if they to cant prove the case any case in a civil courts could well backfire big time.
        My reading is that AF would have to prove that the emotional distress suffered must be "severe." I would guess he would have to prove the act (not what happened afterwards) was the cause.
        For me if AF really is considering a civil action he is being poorly advised possibly even being dragged into a wider dispute and all of this risks the chance of him being the subject of a counter claim ( remember what he admitted saying to Terry prior to Terrys comments)and then any moral high ground will be gone.
        I hope that he is not being used as a pawn in a bigger game

Comment

**** off Anton, talk about tear the #### out of something. Move on its getting boring now, so what, if he did say it he's the c*n*

Comment

Working...
          X