This is NOT a loaded question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is NOT a loaded question.

Hughes has had the entire summer to buy a commanding CB.

What are your theories on why he hasn't done so?

1) Does/did he really think it wasn't that much of a priority?
    2) He's tried but been thwarted at every attempt?
    etc etc...

On the surface it does seem odd that he's bought a plethora of attacking players but has so far failed to address this alarming issue, and what the fans have been screaming out for all summer.

Maybe MH thought Kenny was the weak link and only the keeper needed changing?

Comment

I can't remember a single interview where he's mentioned the need for a CB. Perhaps he has faith in the players we have and doesn't feel we need one. We've been linked with several and none has signed, apart from Nelsen who's a squad player. I can't believe none of them wanted to come. Maybe it was all unfounded rumours after all.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

He's been after one and will get his target in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

i still think he wants Samba but whether that comes to fruition nobody knows and if it does dont think it will be until Jan13 and that is to late.

Everybody knows this is our achillees heal(sorry about spelling) but as you say he has had all summer

THIS NEEDS TO BE SORTED NOW OTHERWISE WE ARE GOING TO BE BITING OUR NAILS AGAIN AND THAT IS BEING POLITE.

We all thought generally Hughes had done well with our other signings but after yesterday question marks remain about Mr.Green in my book.

The question still remains why no commanding CB and as i have said JAN13 will be to late unless Hughes likes changing his pants
          at the end of every game.

Comment

They say all football fans think they are managers but we can't all be wrong on this one can we?

Ferdinand & Onouha are not good enough by any stretch for me. For his faults I'd rather have Luke Young at right back. Clint love him & his organisation but this is the PL its cut throat, is he really that level? I don't think he is.

Major work to be done in the next two weeks if we're to avoid more days like yesterday.

Comment

I thought MH & TF didn't want us to panic buy again like last season...last minute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                They say all football fans think they are managers but we can't all be wrong on this one can we?

Ferdinand & Onouha are not good enough by any stretch for me. For his faults I'd rather have Luke Young at right back. Clint love him & his organisation but this is the PL its cut throat, is he really that level? I don't think he is.

Major work to be done in the next two weeks if we're to avoid more days like yesterday.
                Agree. Luke Young is a better right back than Onuoha.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                  Hughes has had the entire summer to buy a commanding CB.

What are your theories on why he hasn't done so?

1) Does/did he really think it wasn't that much of a priority?
                  2) He's tried but been thwarted at every attempt?
                  etc etc...

On the surface it does seem odd that he's bought a plethora of attacking players but has so far failed to address this alarming issue, and what the fans have been screaming out for all summer.
                  Probably because no centre back from any of his former clubs are available. The only one that was, was nelson and we got him. This seems to be his problem can only sign players from former clubs
                  This isnt just goodbye,this is i cant stand you!

Comment

I think he is after Samba. But I would very much like Mr. Hughes to buy another one NOW as well.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post

Agree all of this. IMO, we need 2 CBs. Can suffice with 1 more, but Id feel alot more comfortable with 2 coming in. I cant get my head around how bad our defence was yesterday, quite literally like sunday league, zero shape or organisation. Totally embarrassing.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

100% we'll sign a CB before August 31st.

If we don't we might as well have not signed any of the other players we have this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by southwalesR View Post
                          Probably because no centre back from any of his former clubs are available. The only one that was, was nelson and we got him. This seems to be his problem can only sign players from former clubs
                          ...as well as the many non-former players he's signed from abroad who've had successful PL careers.

Comment

A lot of people seem to think we're after Samba but there's no strong evidence linking us to him that I've seen. He would be a great signing for us, but I'd be surprised if it happened.

After watching yesterday's display and a fair few last season, I think we should just break the bank and sign the best CB we can get.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

agree richard, if marseille want a perm move for mbi and for us to buy him, **** it, buy him, whack him and gallas cb or nelson, reckon we might see 1 or 2 CB's a cm and a striker maybe

Comment

Working...
                              X