Hope Clint starts v swans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Clint starts v swans

I thought he improved massively last season at centre back and would be my first choice in the defence back 4 ahead of Anton who seems a bit in and out for me.

I like the way Clint reads the game, anticipating defence problems, he's a clever player who overcomes his possible lack of pace with his positioning.

I know it's not a common opinion, but thats what I think.

Maybe even should be given the armband....(hides behind sofa)

I agree with everything you have said. He is a great defender and would be a great captain for us.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

I think that's a very common opinion Gerry, with fans that know pace ain't the be all and end all

Comment

He's really has come on leaps and bounds since coming back from NF on loan and step up on his game, Mark Hughes clearly got the best out of him and may long it continue,

in my humble opinion ferdinand and nelsen need to fight for their place, hill should be starting on saturday and be made the captain of our beloved queen park rangers

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
          I agree with everything you have said. He is a great defender and would be a great captain for us.

Comment

Its all the other threads suggesting 'we need a new CB to partner Anton' that I find surprising. Considering Clints form last season I would suggest Anton needs to look over his shoulder at any incoming CB's.

Comment

I was going to say my only worry with Clint is how many games can he manage, but being in the prem is mostly one game a week which suits Clint even more

Comment

As well as he done done we need to move on lets be honest we stayed up by the skin of our teeth, look what happened at chelsea.Its so so important we stay up this season, no problems with him starting the season but long term not the answer.

Comment

Hill is king. Ok, he is not, but IMO he has to play these first matches. He is a natural born leader and we need to start on a high due to to the fact that we have so many new signings who needs to gel properly. My opinion only.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

As with Derry and Mackie, fans are sentimental creatures and exaggerate the brilliance of those players who they consider "one of their own". Been fantastic for us but wd far prefer to think "how great is it we can still rely on Clint when needed" rather than "so after all these comings and goings our centre half and captain is, er, Clint Hill."

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      As with Derry and Mackie, fans are sentimental creatures and exaggerate the brilliance of those players who they consider "one of their own". Been fantastic for us but wd far prefer to think "how great is it we can still rely on Clint when needed" rather than "so after all these comings and goings our centre half and captain is, er, Clint Hill."
                      Possibly the most sensible post I've ever read on here!

Comment

Bit unfair Stainrod, Clint turned our defence from leaky bucket to a tighter more organised affair and brought his usual never give up challenges and body on the line blocks. As for Mackie he gets goals and never gives any opposition a minutes peace and imo all clubs bar the top 8 would take him like a shot, big name big money signings can't guarantee these performances.

Comment

Stainrod is a Ferdinand man, when looking back at threads concerning CB's, nothing wrong with that of course its just the beauty of forums having your own opinion and likings.
                          But have to disagree on Stainrod's view...
                          For me Hill is our most and natural leader on the pitch so for me he is not only the one most suited for captain but also being the one who should be picked above Ferdinand.
                          Simply analyzing goals against us Ferdinand stands off too often or is caught out of position.
                          We became a lot tighter at the back with Hill coaching and putting our defense in shape, except from the Chelski away game were both played dreadful.

Last game against Augsburg was just the game for Ferdinand to shine as leader of the pack because he was the most senior of the QPR pack but he did blow it by not coaching the defense and only being worried with his direct opponent.
                          From Holland with love

Comment

Based on the squad we have right now, I'd go for Clint as captain. Seems to marshal the defence well and strikes me as the kind of player who's not afraid to bark out the orders.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                            X