No announcement yet.

who's feeling very olympic today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bang on deepcut,the german totally outboxed ogogo.great sport ,too many don kings
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
      :-) just heard the GB medals discussed on the radio..we quite near the Beijing total when i was hoping for a complete wash out
      And now equalled.

19 GOLDS

Brownlee brothers are unbelievable. Staggering stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
        And now equalled.

19 GOLDS

Brownlee brothers are unbelievable. Staggering stuff
        i am totally staggered......totally

Comment

i am totally staggered......totally
          I say staggering, but Alistair Brownlee, at the end of the triathlon, took a Union flag from the crowd, slowed down, stopped, looked behind him, blew a kiss to the crowd and sauntered through the tape.

Cool as.

Comment

I say staggering, but Alistair Brownlee, at the end of the triathlon, took a Union flag from the crowd, slowed down, stopped, looked behind him, blew a kiss to the crowd and sauntered through the tape.

Cool as.

You serious? Have you a clip of that?

Comment

Cool as.

Just fantastic - the triathletes are a little tight in the head, but then they must be to do the event in the first place. That was a proper celebration and much deserved
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• I went to Hyde Park today for the triathlon. One of the most incredible sporting events I've ever seen. These lads are super fit. It was apparently the most oversubscribed Olympic event of the lot and the park was just rammed with people.

I heard that Ali Brownlee did the 10k run just 83 seconds slower than Mo Farah did the other night, and that's after swimming a mile, biking a marathon distance, and not running on an athletics track. Incredible performance and well done to the two brothers.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Roll on saturday......

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Roll on saturday......
                    is that when the closing ceremony is? didnt watch the opening ceremony but i hear the best bit was the end and the parade of all the countries we have conquered and subjugated :-)

Comment

• I'm off to the final athletics session on Saturday - I just cannot, cannot wait. The whole event has been amazing. I can understand that some folks don't enjoy it (horses for courses) but I feel a little sorry for them (without wanting to appear condescending) - as it has just been SO good. Apart from the utter appalling fiasco of a ticketing process in the first place - I think the country can be very proud of everything about this event - it has been truly superb. It's bought a feel good feeling to most of the country and actually, the value of that is immeasurable. This has been a 'pick me up' for the country.

Comment

is that when the closing ceremony is? didnt watch the opening ceremony but i hear the best bit was the end and the parade of all the countries we have conquered and subjugated :-)
                        yeah closing saturday.....that'll take prob take 4 hrs!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                          I'm off to the final athletics session on Saturday - I just cannot, cannot wait. The whole event has been amazing. I can understand that some folks don't enjoy it (horses for courses) but I feel a little sorry for them (without wanting to appear condescending) - as it has just been SO good. Apart from the utter appalling fiasco of a ticketing process in the first place - I think the country can be very proud of everything about this event - it has been truly superb. It's bought a feel good feeling to most of the country and actually, the value of that is immeasurable. This has been a 'pick me up' for the country.
                          Apart from all the business's that have suffered after being promised otherwise by the government. There was similiar olympic downtrends in tourism after and during Beijing, Sydney and Atlanta but our government wouldnt hear of it. Oh no...money to be made by all! they said. Well it turns out its money to be made by only a few...and we the taxpayers arent one of them. have a look at the major news sites online and way down the page after all the olympic medal "success" you will find a small story on how business's in London/Weymouth etc are 30 - 40 per cent down and are struggling. We will be paying for this "pick me up" for many years to come to the cost of Billions of pounds. Next time you are visiting a relative in a run down NHS hospital which struggles to care for said relative without the proper equipment or drugs then you could go all misty eyes and reminisce over how Sir Bradley Wiggles rode his bike to Olympic glory instead...do the trick?

Comment

• 21 GOLDS

Brilliant ride from Laura Trott.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                              I'm off to the final athletics session on Saturday - I just cannot, cannot wait. The whole event has been amazing. I can understand that some folks don't enjoy it (horses for courses) but I feel a little sorry for them (without wanting to appear condescending) - as it has just been SO good. Apart from the utter appalling fiasco of a ticketing process in the first place - I think the country can be very proud of everything about this event - it has been truly superb. It's bought a feel good feeling to most of the country and actually, the value of that is immeasurable. This has been a 'pick me up' for the country.
                              And the loss of business where the games have driven people away it's a roaring success
                              The article that you tried to access, which was part of a feed supplied by a news agency, is no longer on available on the Guardian site

Edit sorry vblock looks like we made the same point!

Comment

• Valid concerns all.

But the athletes who would be doing this anyway, deserve every drop of support we can give them. We'd be behind them wherever they were competing so why should they be wished ill (as some on here have) because of something they have no control over.

They don't deserve to be sneered at frankly.

Comment

Working...
                                X