Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelantan TRW vs QPR (Asia Tour: 20 July 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be interested to know how you guys in Malaysia came to support QPR, before they decided to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
      Welcome to the forum abesmoky, I never knew that. Thanks for sharing
      Thanks mate

Originally posted by Camus View Post
      Checking out Ruben's father on Wiki, his wealth is valued only at US$215 million. So, not quite a billionaire.
      I meant in Malaysian Ringgit :pleasantsuprise: . If in USD or Euro yes not a billionaire yet

From Forbes 40 richest man in 2012 http://www.forbes.com/lists/2012/84/...s-12_rank.html in USD

15 Anthony Fernandes 615
      19 Kamarudin Meranun 560
      24 G. Gnanalingam (Ruben's father) 360

With their wealth about 1.5b USD, I'm sure they do not need fund from Malaysian government. And do not forget the Mittal's fund as well.

"Fernandes and Kamarudin collectively own a 75 per cent shareholding in Tune QPR Sdn Bhd, which in turn owns a 66.02 per cent shareholding in QPR Holdings Limited. The remaining 25 per cent in Tune QPR is held by Westports CEO Ruben Gnanalingam."

From http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/b...-says-airasia/

Comment

Nice to see you here Camus. I am from Kuwait and have been QPR fan since 1987.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
          Nice to see you here Camus. I am from Kuwait and have been QPR fan since 1987.
          A proper R

Comment

Welcome aboard Camus and Abesmoky!
            I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Hi guys, this is my first post here after lurking for a while. I'm sure there are many Malaysians lurking in here as well. My addiction to QPR, and this forum in particular, is pissing my wife off. I'll be constantly stuck with the phone checking for latest updates.

Just bought my ticket for the match between Kelantan TWR (The Red Warriors) vs QPR happening this Friday 20 July in Malaysia. Pretty excited to go to my first live Rs match, after only watching them on TV QPR since the start of the 2011/12 season. I'm taking two of my mates with me, hopefully the will be Rs fan as well. I'm really looking forward to see the QPR stars in person. Cisse, Mackie and Taarabt are my favorites.

I'm not sure if there will be live stream available. Will try to update this thread during the game to keep you guys posted.

QPR is getting a lot of attention in Malaysia. You can see those in hoops everywhere. But Kelantan TWR is currently the top club in Malaysia, and I bet the stadium will be full of the red supporters. I'm personally from Kelantan myself, but I will be supporting QPR, of course! Anyhow, TWR will be no match for QPR. My prediction is TWR 1 - QPR 6, if not more.

I'm glad the plan in Bangkok is cancelled, and replaced with the match with TWR. Otherwise, we have to fly to Sabah to catch the match this Tuesday.

I've not been a football fan before. And the 2011/12 season is my first time following the Premier League. Absolutely love all the ups and downs QPR went through last season. The final gave vs Citey topped them all, and summarized a great season. Hoping for a top ten finish next year, but I'll be happy just to watch QPR whatever the results might be.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1381[/ATTACH]
              I guess we have to get used to this nowdays.

Welcome anyway mate.

Comment

Welcome to the site and hope you guy's enjoy the game.

Comment

is there any way to watch the game live?

Comment

This is surreal.
                    Queens Park Rangers
                    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by abesmoky View Post
                      Thanks mate

I meant in Malaysian Ringgit :pleasantsuprise: . If in USD or Euro yes not a billionaire yet

From Forbes 40 richest man in 2012 http://www.forbes.com/lists/2012/84/...s-12_rank.html in USD

15 Anthony Fernandes 615
                      19 Kamarudin Meranun 560
                      24 G. Gnanalingam (Ruben's father) 360

With their wealth about 1.5b USD, I'm sure they do not need fund from Malaysian government. And do not forget the Mittal's fund as well.

"Fernandes and Kamarudin collectively own a 75 per cent shareholding in Tune QPR Sdn Bhd, which in turn owns a 66.02 per cent shareholding in QPR Holdings Limited. The remaining 25 per cent in Tune QPR is held by Westports CEO Ruben Gnanalingam."

From http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/b...-says-airasia/
                      I thought it was just fernades and the mittals who own qPr didn't realise this other bloke had anything to do with us.

Comment

The place to look for them when you're in KL will be Petaling Street.
                        Thinking of making the trip over from tokyo for the weekend, if I can get a cheap flight. Any ideas on where Qpr fans will be drinking before after the game on Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by whosthere View Post
                          is there any way to watch the game live?
                          Yes, check out this link:
                          http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/AsiaTour/0...849221,00.html

Comment

http://www.airasiamegastore.com/ sells QPR merchandise but I think they are out of hoops jersey.

While there are plenty of Nike and Adidas shops around selling EPL jerseys, there aren't any Lotto shops around. Thus, we can't get the hoops from the stores in the malls.

But fake hoops jersey are plenty, and cheap, too. And many of those on the street are wearing fake shirts.
                            The away kits are £52, that's got to be dear for a less rich country? 5MYR (ringgits) to the £

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                              Would be interested to know how you guys in Malaysia came to support QPR, before they decided to visit.
                              Hi Jane,

I enjoy supporting the underdogs. I need an EPL team to follow, and when TF became the owner of QPR, it was an easy decision to become a fan due to the Malaysian connection.

Did I answer your question?

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, mates. You guys make me feel right at home.

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                                The away kits are £52, that's got to be dear for a less rich country? 5MYR (ringgits) to the £
                                All original EPL jerseys are around 50 quids. Some people could afford the price. For those who can't, they resort to the faked ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X