Joey Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
    be good to see him back..every QPR fan should be backing him.
    If he plays for us again (and I hope we don't need to waste a place in the 25 on him), I certainly hope he plays well for us.

I'll cheer when he scores, I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face, I still want the best for QPR. I didn't boo him before, and I don't intend to start now (I think Hateley was the only player I have booed )

But I'm counting the days till he's not at the club anymore. I hope it's sooner rather than later.

Comment

joey who????
      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Once Faurlin is fit - looking at the new midfield we seem to be putting together he would be lucky to get in it if they are performing when his ban is over anyway.

And as for saying every fan should back him - why should they? Because you say so? Because you think it makes you a better fan ? It doesn't. Every fan can have their own opinion, mine is that I would rather see us get rid as soon as he has any value again, which is Jan at the earliest. He has not come close to earning his wage at LR. Every club he has left has improved...we will be better without him in the team next season, 100% sure about that.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by gilly View Post
          For most of the season Barton was absolutely awful.

What is this idea of 'having my support' anyhow? Every player has my support. I've never booed a Rangers player in my life, but I'm not going to pretend somebody is great when they are not.

I suspect he won't get anywhere near the side next season, barring an injury crisis or a cup tie at home to Rochdale in the middle of a fixture pile-up.

Bloody hope not, couldn't take another trip down on their coach then getting slaughtered all the way home :rage:

As for Barton , no prob with him playing again BUT flucking fuming that he is getting paid while unable to do his job . . . . He should be ashamed to cash his chq weekly
          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
            Once Faurlin is fit - looking at the new midfield we seem to be putting together he would be lucky to get in it if they are performing when his ban is over anyway.

And as for saying every fan should back him - why should they? Because you say so? Because you think it makes you a better fan ? It doesn't. Every fan can have their own opinion, mine is that I would rather see us get rid as soon as he has any value again, which is Jan at the earliest. He has not come close to earning his wage at LR. Every club he has left has improved...we will be better without him in the team next season, 100% sure about that.
            Because if he is in the hoops it would be counter productive not to back him?? Maybe? surely!

Comment

hes a player that does a lot of the dog work for the team but he is a marked man and will be a target naxt season so can he change and adapt his game i dont know

Comment

did alright at newcastle..best player..good on the right too...top workrate...been blown out of proportion ..balotelli stamped on a head a couple of weeks earlier, thats worse...witch hunt..
                paxman on newsnight on a purely football interview "Joey Barton, who has 2 convictions, is here to talk about England"..totally disgraceful...the press talking about thuggery, integrity, what a joke

jeeze he paid a heavy price for a small thing

Comment

newcastle were gutted to lose him and only improved cos pardew did an awesome job, bought good players etc..toon love JB

Comment

and my wham mates are praying we get rid

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      Because if he is in the hoops it would be counter productive not to back him?? Maybe? surely!
                      I would point to him being booed off to say that is not the always case. Some posters on here go on about how disgraceful it is to boo a player of your own club. Well with Barton I think it turned his season around as it struck hioe and hurt him and he fought harder then as he realised he was letting us down. That wasn't counter productive.

I have aslo seen awful players having to be booed by managers at other clubs for them manager to realise they can't keep playing their signing that is failing.....it doesn't always have to be negative. These are men, not children. And they all react differently.

And he isn't in the hoops at the moment. He is banned for so long - again because he let us down, so, while my money helps contribute to his 80k a week for sitting around he won't get my backing. He will get it when he proves he wants it back.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Would love to see Park and Barton on the wings

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
                          and my wham mates are praying we get rid
                          what? Ridgley and Michael?........

I think when Joey turned up at ours last season he was the BIG name in the team.....was given the captaincy (mistakenly?)....and I think it went to his head a bit...he seemed to constantly try and hit scholesy type passes instead of keeping it simple.

When he is back from this ban he will be surrounded by arguably bigger players (bit like when he was at toon) and then we will see the REAL Joey Barton...

Comment

I think making him skipper was naive - but I reckon there's plenty to come from him if he can get his head right.

I also take the view that having an enforced rest will benefit both him and the club, very useful to have someone of his capability fresh in the wings. He is another player along with SWP who could benefit from Dan Abrahams - if the latter's contract was renewed, anyone know about that?

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                              I would point to him being booed off to say that is not the always case. Some posters on here go on about how disgraceful it is to boo a player of your own club. Well with Barton I think it turned his season around as it struck hioe and hurt him and he fought harder then as he realised he was letting us down. That wasn't counter productive.

I have aslo seen awful players having to be booed by managers at other clubs for them manager to realise they can't keep playing their signing that is failing.....it doesn't always have to be negative. These are men, not children. And they all react differently.

And he isn't in the hoops at the moment. He is banned for so long - again because he let us down, so, while my money helps contribute to his 80k a week for sitting around he won't get my backing. He will get it when he proves he wants it back.
                              I think anyone who boos our own players is a disgrace, and whatever way you try and dress it up it is counter-productive, if that's what you're doing you may as well go up to MH and spit in his face because he will be the one selecting JB if anyone does.I have to say every time JB's name comes up anti Joey fans always bring up this £80, 90,000 a week, (amazed it hasn't reached £100,000 yet) you seen his contract then have you?
                              How much of your money goes towards his wages? Maybe your money goes towards the giant TV, or SWP gonna boo him too? I take you think Tony Fernandes is a complete idiot? He along with Mr Mittal, Amit, Phil Beard, etc will have decided whatever the amount was they agreed to pay Joey.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                I think anyone who boos our own players is a disgrace, and whatever way you try and dress it up it is counter-productive, if that's what you're doing you may as well go up to MH and spit in his face because he will be the one selecting JB if anyone does.I have to say every time JB's name comes up anti Joey fans always bring up this £80, 90,000 a week, (amazed it hasn't reached £100,000 yet) you seen his contract then have you?
                                How much of your money goes towards his wages? Maybe your money goes towards the giant TV, or SWP gonna boo him too? I take you think Tony Fernandes is a complete idiot? He along with Mr Mittal, Amit, Phil Beard, etc will have decided whatever the amount was they agreed to pay Joey.
                                good post Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X