Are we all Happy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we all Happy ?

is anybody else just a bit concerned that we are all going overboard with the way the club is going, we are always slagging off Fulham, Man utd chelsea fans but surely thats the way we are travelling fast.
    The best thing about supporting QPR is the loyal 10 -11,000 of us who have been through the **** but turn up every week put coins in buckets etc. forked out £600 to sit in knee decapitating seats.
    You read this forum everybody seems happy to jettison players who have shown commitment to this club ie Mackie, Derry, kenny
    when we are sitting in our comfy blue seats in the Air Asia stadium with retractable roof/pitch i might be thinking back to those darker days of Div 2 at good old loftus road but maybe with a little bit of regret.
    Will the extra 25,000 fans create a better atmosphere than our home run in this season i doubt it.
    I hope Tony remembers us oldies who have stuck with this club through Good and lately mostly bad times.

Top post but have to say looking forward to the future
    The future's Amit the futures not orange

Comment

I, like many, sat through relegation from the prem in 96, witnessed the dark days of Harford and Gerry MKII, the buckets, four figure crowds, Chris Wright, losing to Cardiff etc and I don't ever want to experience any of that again. I want us to move onwards and upwards and to forget all that stuff. This is the new QPR and we should embrace it. If you want to remain a 10,000 club, fine, but expect lower league football with a lower standard of entertainment.

I have nothing but admiration and respect for those players that got us into the prem but we have to move on. Players don't last forever and sometimes they fall short of expectations and have to be replaced. They know the score and accept that as part of their careers, for which they receive handsome rewards. There's no room for sentiment if you run the risk of relegation.

I thank the players who have helped us but it's time to move onwards and upwards.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by WallingfordR View Post
        is anybody else just a bit concerned that we are all going overboard with the way the club is going, we are always slagging off Fulham, Man utd chelsea fans but surely thats the way we are travelling fast.
        The best thing about supporting QPR is the loyal 10 -11,000 of us who have been through thebut turn up every week put coins in buckets etc. forked out £600 to sit in knee decapitating seats.
        You read this forum everybody seems happy to jettison players who have shown commitment to this club ie Mackie, Derry, kenny
        when we are sitting in our comfy blue seats in the Air Asia stadium with retractable roof/pitch i might be thinking back to those darker days of Div 2 at good old loftus road but maybe with a little bit of regret.
        Will the extra 25,000 fans create a better atmosphere than our home run in this season i doubt it.
        I hope Tony remembers us oldies who have stuck with this club through Good and lately mostly bad times.

Great post we are not a big club , we are a little terrier thats snaps around the ankles like we we did for those last home games nobody gave us a chance but we upset the apple cart , thats the Rss i love and have always supported,

we ars going to lose what we are all about to get a few thousand suppotorts that live on the other side of the world do me a favour ,

as long as they eat double pie mash and liquer i might be able to accept them

but ive got a bad feeling of global expansion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Looking forward to the future but will never forget the past. Although we went through some hard and testing times the last 30 years following the club around the country has given me memories that i will never forget.The bad days way outnumber the good ones but when your a club like ours you pray for a win and when the big ones come along they are special.

Comment

This is what weve been waiting for since Flavio's first day,a big push in the transfer market. Im sick of hearing all this 'do it the right way stuff'. Weve got money and the backing of a fantastic board so lets push on once and for all,and most of all lets enjoy it. Its our time now.

Comment

I don't think we should be too harsh on our older supporters as at least hey have seen us win a major trophy.... I was about 18months old in 1967 so have had to endure 82&86 and apart from a roller coaster ride with some relatively lean amounts of success we've had it pretty tough as QPR fans huh....

I respect and cherish our past and fairly modest history but am so desperate for us to win something for a change... Talking of which.. 'change' is what many older folk struggle to cope with but in this day and age we can't do bugger all on 18k crowds and whilst I trust Tony et al to retain the roots and basic fabric of he club if we want to enjoy thrilling football in a ground that we can be proud of rather than slightly embarrassed about then we are going to have to accept that we need to move forward and make a certain number of compromises and embrace them rather than just fighting against them other wise you'll not be able to enjoy the good times ahead...

Believe me there will be good times ahead.. I'm not on about CL or anything thing as outlandish but come on who would not want to be seeing us at Wembley next season in the CC final? With our PL never in doubt we could enjoy a cup final and maybe a bit of silverware for a change.... I am sick of all my mates' teams winning and us never in with a shout....

COME ON YOU R's.....

Comment

I'm a new supporter but I feel the old school fans who supported the club before the Premier League should be offered a lower price on season tickets forever or something. That way you don't price out the soul of the club even when you build a grand new stadium. You don't want to turn out like Arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                  I, like many, sat through relegation from the prem in 96, witnessed the dark days of Harford and Gerry MKII, the buckets, four figure crowds, Chris Wright, losing to Cardiff etc and I don't ever want to experience any of that again. I want us to move onwards and upwards and to forget all that stuff. This is the new QPR and we should embrace it. If you want to remain a 10,000 club, fine, but expect lower league football with a lower standard of entertainment.

I have nothing but admiration and respect for those players that got us into the prem but we have to move on. Players don't last forever and sometimes they fall short of expectations and have to be replaced. They know the score and accept that as part of their careers, for which they receive handsome rewards. There's no room for sentiment if you run the risk of relegation.

I thank the players who have helped us but it's time to move onwards and upwards.

Amen to that. Very well put. In no way does hopefully moving onwards and upwards show disrespect to supporters of any age, past players or teams. Our history along with our memories will always be there, the good and the not so good. Can't we just enjoy it !

Comment

I will miss Loftus road for sure. The question you have to ask your self is.......... Would you prefer us to stay as we are being a mid table team or fighting relegation every year with no ambition or any good excitement or each year watch us grow and grow to have a real chance of having some new trophies top class players. I pick the GROWTH !!!!!

Comment

Change is necessary but we're gonna lose too, the intimacy the hardship will be something we'll look back on with fondness; no more Loftus Road, crap views, knee-breaking seats, putrid loos, and you know what? We'll wonder why we ever complained about where we were.

We need to keep our soul wherever and whatever we become!!
                      RRRR's forever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                        Change is necessary but we're gonna lose too, the intimacy the hardship will be something we'll look back on with fondness; no more Loftus Road, crap views, knee-breaking seats, putrid loos, and you know what? We'll wonder why we ever complained about where we were.

We need to keep our soul wherever and whatever we become!!
                        RRRR's forever!!!
                        I agree with you ,
                        but thats what made us what we are , and i for one will miss it ..................

Comment

Having had to put up with years and years of stick for supporting QPR, the lows of getting relegated from the Premiership then getting relegated to the old division two (League One) and losing to my home town team Wrexham, then getting beat in a playoff final against Cardiff and losing on pens to Vauxhall Motors...................................

YES I'M ABSOLUTELY ON CLOUD 9!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think we must never forget where we've come from,not like a certain team in SW london,if you speak to the majority of them they can't remember the years before the russian money arrived....never forget the past!!
                            I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

It's the way football is going now. We got promoted from Division 2 behind Plymouth - look where they are now! I understand the points made, we may attract fair weather fans and the prawn sandwich brigade in a new stadium but they will help pay for new and better players that we love to watch. Each fan on here knows when, how and why they supported QPR and having money invested in the club and moving away from Loftus Road isn't going to change that. There is still going to be a strong group of loyal solid supporters and we will create a great atmosphere in a new stadium but that is a few years away so we can still make Loftus Road the most difficult away ground for teams to come to. I'm already buzzing for the atmosphere vs chelsea at home on September 15th!
                              CHAMPIONS
                              Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Working...
                              X