Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Great posts from the LFW boys (re New Stadium)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Great posts from the LFW boys (re New Stadium)

Worth reposting because they capture it perfectly.

Neil Dejyothin:

I'm worried because if they don't get it right, it will never be the same and we will lose some of our soul. A lot of new stadiums built during my lifetime have lost that magic something from the stadium it replaced, and we've got to be ultra sure and careful that this doesn't happen to us.

If we can't recreate the same kind of character and soul as we have at Loftus Road, it will spoil the experience and I'm terrified that might happen. The place has been a real constant in my life, that has always been there, that's always been a symbol of home for me (having grown up around there and even lived directly across the road in one of the estates).

I would be incredibly sad and somewhat emotional to see it go.

I understand business and commercial problems, but that's what they are. Sometimes there is also history, heritage, culture and even an almost religious like attachment to some places and that's how I feel about Loftus Road.

It's worth more to me than making money and I still question whether we really need to move, when the reality is the problem is how much football clubs are paying for players in transfer fees and salaries.

It's natural to feel concerned when change comes so fast, and they're attempting to grow the club at an incredible pace. That can sometimes be good and bad, depending on context, but it can also make you feel a little unsteady too and that's probably where I am at at the moment.

I think growth needs to be organic as well. I'm not entirely convinced the demand is there for us either. You can't accelerate growth like this without some of it being artificial and I prefer the old fashion way of falling in love with your club, from birth, which is a long drawn out process and has that attachment with the local area that can't be shoehorned onto new or casual fans so quickly.

By the same token, if it's done right, I'm sure it could be wonderful too. But I am really going to close my eyes, hold my breath and gulp hard on this one. There's no place like home.
    Clive Whittingham:

Fernandes' latest Tweet says it will be "in west london and lose none of the atmosphere."

It's a no brainer really, we have to move. When you have Everton and Liverpool playing in 40,000 seater stadiums saying they hold them back from competing it makes you realise just how hamstrung we are by Loftus Road. 18,000 is ridiculously small. It's a miracle we're as high up the league ladder we are.

Selfishly I hope we never leave. I love Loftus Road, I love my seat, I love the memories around the place and the atmosphere and everything else. Bolox to leg room, if I wanted to stretch my legs I'd lay on my sofa. Bolox to your queue for the toilet, I'll go in the pub. Bolox to your queues for food, you're a mug for paying £3.70 for a bottle of 3% Carlsberg or one of those vile hot dogs anyway. I've never been to a stadium I like as much as Loftus Road.

If we're going we at least have plenty of examples of bad practice – Southampton, Leicester, Coventry, Cardiff, Doncaster, Middlesbrough Derby are all soulless shtholes, stuck in the middle of nowhere with all the atmosphere of a fcking dinner party round John Major's house. If we're going to do it do something bold, different, memorable.

To be honest it just won't be the same when we move. I grew up on the terraces at the Boulevard watching Hull FC and while I actually think the KC Stadium that replaced it is pretty good as new grounds go, and the atmosphere is very decent too, it's just never the same. I recognised why we left the Boulevard – all the same reasons we need to leave Loftus Road plus it was about to fall down – but I miss it. Ground moves are done for people I don't like – floating support, corporates, mums with kids, the "football family" – and while I clearly recognise why all this is important for the club financially, selfishly I wish we'd stay where we are and bolox to them.

a great read. both have relevent points about what it means to be rangers. love loftus road and in some way it will be never the same again.time to move on-yes. hard to take-extremly hard.
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
      a great read. both have relevent points about what it means to be rangers. love loftus road and in some way it will be never the same again.time to move on-yes. hard to take-extremly hard.

Comment

It`s like breaking up from a girlfriend that u had for a long time. Many memories, "safe" but not leading anywhere from where u are. If u then meet someone new, better looking who would give u a chance for a brighter future - could u turn her down? It`s safe to stay but u would always wonder what could`ve been.

Comment

Football changed forever the day sky got involved, we either adapt to that change and make ourselves attractive to a worldwide audience and go with the millions or just sink away and be insignificant. Building a new stadium with perfect sightlines, up to date facilities, and creating new income streams through the stadium is the future, and a major part of making us attractive to new supporters.
          I for one am delighted things are going to change, we could well be well on our way to becoming a club that can win things, i've had enough of "glorious failures", but even if we win nothing what games do you want to see.....QPR v Hartlepool....or QPR v Liverpool?

Comment

we should build a ground where the pitch is below ground level hence more room for fans or a same size plot.keep it square no posts all enclosed like LR be tip top.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Got to be oblong, two long sides, two short ends, no rounded-off corners or bowl-shaped crap.
              A home end, an away end.
              No more than 6' between pitch and row A.
              Steep, so that even the highest rows are not too far away from the pitch.
              Filled in right-angled corners, no seats in corner cheese wedges.
              Just a bigger photocopy of LR.
              Boa Vista's ground please (but not chess board coloured seats).
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

There is in fact an economic argument for not going, quite a sound one imo, but the key issue for all of us is how this deal will be structured.

To quote the Wolf in Pulp Fiction, lets not start jerking each other off just yet....

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  There is in fact an economic argument for not going, quite a sound one imo, but the key issue for all of us is how this deal will be structured.

To quote the Wolf in Pulp Fiction, lets not start jerking each other off just yet....
                  You seem to be hostile to the new stadium which is of course your right. However, our current stadium is just too small for the biggest league in the world. It's simply not fit for purpose no matter how much any of us love it.

As for the money, I trust our owners to do the right thing and I'm happy to let them do their job. TF and AB I'm sure, know what they're doing. We're getting a badly needed new training ground, academy and stadium. Money is being invested in the team, and after what we've been through in recent years, we bloody well deserve something good happening to our club.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

There were some good stadiums in the Euros. I think poznan's stadium was like a traditional one with a 40,000 capacity. That'll do for me.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      There were some good stadiums in the Euros. I think poznan's stadium was like a traditional one with a 40,000 capacity. That'll do for me.
                      I thought all the stadiums were really good from what I saw, but I'm sure the QPR guys that went could tell us a little more.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                      X