No wegerle, No stainrod. Even banno on a good day hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
      for me

its les ferdinand.................1st
      brian bedford.................2nd
      clive allen.....................3rd
      frank clark.....................4th

Ted.....have you no room in your heart for young Kevin Gallen?

Comment

Don Givens?
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

And just for the argument...Sir Stan of Bowlesshire?
          2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

from players i have seen, i'd go..as "pure strikers"
            CLIVE ALLEN
            LES FERDINAND
            SIMON STAINROD

colin clarke could do a job, furs was solid , we had a guy called paul wright who scored loads in a few games and was sold?
            john spencer had a season with 25 goals in 27 games or something??...andy thompson had a good score ratio too

Comment

The best striking partnership I saw was Bowles/Givens.
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Being the age I am (21), I cant really remember enough about Sir Les to claim he's the best in my era. I can vaguely remember Danny Dichio in my first couple of years of going to games and I used to think he was pretty decent.

Out of the strikers I can properly remember playing and can fairly comment on though, Id have to say the top pick of strikers (in no particular order) would have to be:

Andy Thompson - always thought he was pretty poo tbf but always seemed to find the net! Would I be correct in saying he was the last player we had to get 20 goals in a season?

Paul Furlong - legend in my eyes. Love the way he won the fans over. Will never forget that goal either.

Kevin Gallen - need I say more? Wasnt quite the player he promised after that injury which was a big shame, but still an Rs legend that didnt have too bad a goal record with us in his secon spell considering we werent the best side in the world! Always remember his 2nd debut at home to Swindon when he scored, place erupted!

Djibril Cisse - Granted, only played a handful of games for us, but he is, without doubt, the classiest striker we have had in my living memory. Top top striker that will be a huge player for us next year.

Looking at the names above and thinking through the strikers we've been through in the last 15 years or so, it goes to show how bad some of the times weve been through have been!
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Being the age I am (21), I cant really remember enough about Sir Les to claim he's the best in my era. I can vaguely remember Danny Dichio in my first couple of years of going to games and I used to think he was pretty decent.

Out of the strikers I can properly remember playing and can fairly comment on though, Id have to say the top pick of strikers (in no particular order) would have to be:

Andy Thompson - always thought he was pretty poo tbf but always seemed to find the net! Would I be correct in saying he was the last player we had to get 20 goals in a season?

Paul Furlong - legend in my eyes. Love the way he won the fans over. Will never forget that goal either.
                  Kevin Gallen - need I say more? Wasnt quite the player he promised after that injury which was a big shame, but still an Rs legend that didnt have too bad a goal record with us in his secon spell considering we werent the best side in the world! Always remember his 2nd debut at home to Swindon when he scored, place erupted!

Djibril Cisse - Granted, only played a handful of games for us, but he is, without doubt, the classiest striker we have had in my living memory. Top top striker that will be a huge player for us next year.

Looking at the names above and thinking through the strikers we've been through in the last 15 years or so, it goes to show how bad some of the times weve been through have been!
                  Even now I get shivers down my spine thinking about that game....... my voice was in bits at the final whistle........magic night

Comment

Ted, difficult, so many to choose from, as Modfather says if it just pure strikers, then my choice ... Clive Allen.
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I used to love Andy Sinton

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                        Ted, difficult, so many to choose from, as Modfather says if it just pure strikers, then my choice ... Clive Allen.
                        always in the right place at the right time. a brilliant poacher.
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
                          I used to love Andy Sinton
                          Not a striker sorry didn't read properly.

I think Cisse is the best ive seen in hoops. And Ive seen Sir Les.

Comment

I see no place for a certain Mr givens who was our main stiker in our greatest ever team? Or a place for Mr R.Marsh

Comment

What no place for Mark Hately or Sammy Koejoe...?

Seriously though in my time it would have to be Sir Les. Once he started to score goals he turned into some sort of Terminator like machine with kit sponsored by skynet. Lightning quick, strong as they come, unbelievebly good in the air even though not the tallest, great in full flight slaloming between opposing players before finishing in style. He had the lot.

It was also massively satisfying during that time for us to be finishing as London's top club etc, and to have a forward selected for England (when it actually meant something and was difficult to get a cap) was great. I still remember the QPR announcer at the first game after his England debut, which he scored in, announcing him as QPR and Englands number 9.... Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                              X