RUMOUR on another site - QPR close to getting land in Wood Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
    is there any evidence ,apart from hearsay and gossip about this site , because about 9months ago they had plans for this in Westfield and it was a goverment regeneration housing development , although the BBC silver building is being vacated
    None whatsoever but when has that mattered?

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
      well it must be true , who gets to choose first were they sit , is it done on loyalty points or first come first served cos ive been a ST holder for 78years and i should have first dibs on the new seats
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

There's plenty of evidence from board members who have said they want to look at building a new stadium, and in the same area. Sites are limited and I guess people are speculating on those particular sites.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          Bloody daft isn't it? LR is falling to bits, it's got restricted views, it's cramped, it's small, and some people want to stay put?

New 40k stadium please Uncle Tony
          Couldn't agree more.

Yes, 40,000 may be too big now, but in the future, who knows. However, I would rather begin with a 27,000 capacity with room to expand in stages to 40,000.

Comment

I think you need to look at the bigger picture, if your going to spend £x amount on a 27,000 seater, you may as well spend a little more and have 35,000+ whilst its there. Remember the new stadium will be used for other events and not just football so it needs to be spot on with designs and capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
              I think you need to look at the bigger picture, if your going to spend £x amount on a 27,000 seater, you may as well spend a little more and have 35,000+ whilst its there. Remember the new stadium will be used for other events and not just football so it needs to be spot on with designs and capacity.
              I'm like that when I buy TV's. Went out for a portable came home with a 60"

Comment

I'm like that when I buy TV's. Went out for a portable came home with a 60"
                Exactly, its like when your building an extension, why have a small one? when for a little extra more you can have it bigger with more space. its the same principle with a stadium, the bigger the better because it gives more options.

Comment

The MK Dons is a good indicator of a club that has one eye on the future. Upstairs is built but no seating in it, ready for when they get promoted and grow. It was also a stadium that was designated for the England world cup bid for 2018.

Even though half empty, there was still a lot of noise generated from where I was sitting.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

BBC White City may or may not be vacated,but right next door are the two other large BBC Offices(BBC Media Village)which are not vacated(i only went for a job interview in there a few weeks ago)so building there wouldn't be straight forward,plus,as i understand,the White City site is set to be converted in a University campus(student buildings are already being built,just on the other side of the Westway on Wood Lane(site of the old BBC Wordlwide "Woodlands" premises.I did see some plans for an extension of WestField,but i don't think this went up quite as far as Unigate

Comment

Can't we just build on the scrubs? I mean the grass and facilities over there are appalling. And the council couldn't give a nackers about it.

I remember about 5 years ago for my sunday team I was like a young Gareth ainsworth, I went bomming down the wing on one of my signature mazy runs when all of a sudden I lost my leg down what I think was a manhole!
                      Naturally every1 was pi s sing themselves and I've never been the same player since.

Comment

So I wonder how we would deal with pitch disruption, wembley had their fair share of criticism over the state of it

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger View Post
                          Can't we just build on the scrubs? I mean the grass and facilities over there are appalling. And the council couldn't give a nackers about it.

I remember about 5 years ago for my sunday team I was like a young Gareth ainsworth, I went bomming down the wing on one of my signature mazy runs when all of a sudden I lost my leg down what I think was a manhole!
                          Naturally every1 was pi s sing themselves and I've never been the same player since.
                          yes remember that when we played over there must be 30 years ago
                          cracks down the line as big as the grand canyon:=):

Comment

Working...
                          X