RUMOUR on another site - QPR close to getting land in Wood Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
    Bloody daft isn't it? LR is falling to bits, it's got restricted views, it's cramped, it's small, and some people want to stay put?

New 40k stadium please Uncle Tony
    No doubt the club needs to move, but if they're going to make that kind of commitment, why not make the stadium compatible for that potential growth to 40 thousand?

Of course for the near future, no more than 25 to 30k is necessary.

Comment

Anyways Tony said that if we move into a new stadium, he wants it to feel like the atmosphere at Loftus Road, with the fans close to the pitch. I don't think we'll lose the atmosphere...When Loftus Road is full (or nearly full!) it is rocking! Imagine a 30k stadium filled with R's singing and cheering. I Can't wait!
      Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 28-06-2012, 10:28 PM.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

According to Helical Bar no football club could afford or justify the price per hectare and development costs in the area full stop

Our attraction in terms of location is also our restriction.
        We are in a great borough in terms of between Heathrow and the City and West End. Also provide great catchment area from suburbs as well as further travellers then you have the buzz of Westfield, west end nightlife etc etc
        This has made QPR the epicentre of my social life for 27 years and counting and will ensure we remain attractive to others

Unfortunately this also means land costs in the area are amongst the highest in Europe and makes building costs in dense city areas very, very high.

If anyone can make this happen I think TF and AB are the boys.
        I just pray we never ground share with the Fools or S*um and the A40 corridor out to Uxbridge not considered again.

Another reason why Chris Wright vilified -- should've taken the land option behind away end when offered all those years ago
        I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by IASM View Post
          No doubt the club needs to move, but if they're going to make that kind of commitment, why not make the stadium compatible for that potential growth to 40 thousand?

Of course for the near future, no more than 25 to 30k is necessary.
          What do you consider the near future? The stadium will take a number of years to plan and construct, and of course public consultations etc etc. I think the emirates was a 10-year project and even if we're looking at half this time, we'd have it for a few years before we have to start rebuilding it.

I would guess there is a growth plan already in place and we need to have a stadium large enough to accommodate this plan.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            What do you consider the near future? The stadium will take a number of years to plan and construct, and of course public consultations etc etc. I think the emirates was a 10-year project and even if we're looking at half this time, we'd have it for a few years before we have to start rebuilding it.

I would guess there is a growth plan already in place and we need to have a stadium large enough to accommodate this plan.
            I'd say within the next 5 to 10 years demand can reasonably be expected to reach 30k, within the next 10 to 20 years I think it can reach 40k.

Comment

A ground isn't built over night. Planning permission, getting the site & building would take 2/3 years. We need a new ground ASAP imo. We won't attract the best players we can get at a capacity of 18k.

Comment

I Hope this is true.
                TWITTER
                @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by hhrangers View Post
                  A ground isn't built over night. Planning permission, getting the site & building would take 2/3 years. We need a new ground ASAP imo. We won't attract the best players we can get at a capacity of 18k.
                  We need to have concrete plans in place ASAP at least. Maybe that was on the document shown to Taarabt?

Comment

Originally posted by IASM View Post
                    I'd say within the next 5 to 10 years demand can reasonably be expected to reach 30k, within the next 10 to 20 years I think it can reach 40k.
                    So then, if a new stadium is going to be built, it'll probably take around 5-10 years to complete. Demand by your estimate will hit 30k. Anytime after that we will be looking at demand to start hitting 40k. And you want us to then look at expanding capacity within 0-10 years after the new stadium opens? That doesn't make sense to me. Why not build it to 40k capacity in the first place? I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper in the long run.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

It must be the thing that convince flamini he wants to join us...

Load of ********, land too expensive It would wipe out Fernandes unless Mittal really dug deep.

Obviously then we have the predictable shall we build a 30-40k stadium, should it look like boavistas ground etc .... You people sound like a broken record.
                      Last edited by W12_Ranger; 29-06-2012, 06:18 AM.

Comment

I won't Tony to stop throwing his dough away for now! Lol wish we could squeeze another 7000 into LR

Comment

What happened the that factory we burnt down?

Comment

Can someone help, is the Unigate site the land south of the train line next to Westfields or to the north of the trainline and behind White City station?, thanks.
                            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                              Can someone help, is the Unigate site the land south of the train line next to Westfields or to the north of the trainline and behind White City station?, thanks.
                              ROUGHLY NORTH EAST OF WHITE CITY STN.

Please dont forget that if this stadium happens it will be for other uses as well as football ie concerts etc so 40000 may not be to ambitious.

Comment

Originally posted by SANDERSON8 View Post
                                ROUGHLY NORTH EAST OF WHITE CITY STN.

Please dont forget that if this stadium happens it will be for other uses as well as football ie concerts etc so 40000 may not be to ambitious.
                                yep - good point. they love doubling up on stadiums now don't they. Also - more central than Wembley Arena and O2 so could pull in a fair amount of people traffic. Very good point, never thought of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X