Dyers contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyers contract

Dont get me wrong i dont want to knock one of our own, but how the hell did dyer get the contract exstension and any ideas of the kind of package.
    The squirrel that run on the pitch had more competitive minutes than Mr Dyer last season ?

what i have read on him it seems he worked his #### off getting fit and strong again. i am sure he will be on a contract were he gets paid for playing games only
    Last edited by blue and white; 20-06-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I think I've got you wrong!:pleasantsuprise:
      Originally posted by toptop View Post
      Dont get me wrong i dont want to knock one of our own, but how the hell did dyer get the contract exstension and any ideas of the kind of package.
      The squirrel that run on the pitch had more competitive minutes than Mr Dyer last season ?

Comment

I wouldn't mind betting that there was a clause in his original deal that if we stayed up he'd automatically get another year.

It did puzzle me why there was no break clause to release him last January

Only a chimp would've given a crock like Dyer that sort of deal. Now let me think, who was dealing with players contracts back then?? Mmmmmmmm.
        The whiff of rotten pasta and tiramisu lingers on
        I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Hammer or someone was on the other day suggesting there was something iffy about the deal. Cd be stirring, but...

Comment

One word: Paladini

Comment

I think I have read before that he will be paid per game played.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                That was the idea but highly unlikely.

Probably a basic wage per week of say 10-15k with add-ons for appearances etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                  i think even footballers are entitled to minimum wage, so there will be a basic salary in there.

i can't see us paying a basic of £10k per week for someone as injury-prone as dyer and i suspect that there weren't too many other clubs willing to take a risk on him either, so there wouldn't have been a bidding war. if he is on a fairly low weekly wage then maybe it makes sense to have him available when fit (although he'd still need to be fit for more than 6 minutes in the whole season).

Comment

I think some are too cynical on here... :=):

Hughes will have seen how hard he has worked and seen him play behind closed doors. If he stays fit he could help us next season. Remember this post.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Hammer or someone was on the other day suggesting there was something iffy about the deal. Cd be stirring, but...
                      nothing iffy,just that his agent saw a clause in his contract allowing him the option of another year which of course he took up.pay as you play is a myth i`m told..i was told wat hes on a week but wont put that info up on here..hes certainly on a nice wage !!!

doubt he will play many games this season either due to his constant bad luck..

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                        As much as I hope you're wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                          nothing iffy,just that his agent saw a clause in his contract allowing him the option of another year which of course he took up.pay as you play is a myth i`m told..i was told wat hes on a week but wont put that info up on here..hes certainly on a nice wage !!!

OK thanks for that. Normally when there is an option for another year it is if you play 30 games or whatever. Seems odd an automatic contract extension wd kick in after he managed just four minutes in a season!!!

Comment

the man deserves a statue made in platinum for services to qpr, come one , be fair....one of the best 2-3 mins ever on a pitch in a hooped shirt!
                            10 yr deal at £300k a day would be about right.

Comment

LOL - pay as you play!!

That does't mean what most of you think it does. Do you think we don't pay him? Are you expecting to see him handing out the big issue by the Green? It just means that over half of his potential earnings are related to games played.

He will still take home a 6 figure salary from us without kicking a ball.
                              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X