Possible Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Signings

Not ITK and only passing on what I have heard from a decent source but certainly not with any inside information. Couple of players we might be interested in.

Anelka-Apparently unhappy in China, club just changed their coach without his knowledge and team not exactly smashing their league. Might be down to whether they want a fee or not and whether he wants to come back to Europe.

Martin Harnick-Austrian playing in Germany apparently has a 10 million Euro buy out clause, scored decent amount of goals and can play as striker or wide right. 25 so not a bad age, more of a possibility as Chelsea seem likely to get Moses.

As I say not saying they will sign or anything so dont shot the messenger but thought people might like to know of possible targets and what is being said by a reasonable source.

Cheers for the info. Not meaning to sound like Im shooting you down, but cant see Anelka happening as he clearly went for the payday and there is no way on earth we could get anywhere near his current wages.

Never heard of the other lad tbf but wouldnt put it past Sparkie to be looking at such a player. Purely going by internet stats, looks half tidy with 26 goals in 63 league games for Stuttgart.

Last edited by MattyRangers; 19-06-2012, 07:48 AM.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I heard the rumour Anelka wanted to come back too so might have something in it.

Never heard of the Austrian lad but as Matty said his stats look half decent, signed a new contract extension in January though, but with the buyout clause i guess that doesn't matter.

Comment

With Hughes and Rigg on board I believe we might be surprised by some signing. I imagine someone like Diakite could come in this summer too.

Comment

Hopefully the 'someone like Diakite' will actually be Diakite !!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael229 View Post
            Hopefully the 'someone like Diakite' will actually be Diakite !!
            Haha, agreed.

Comment

Harnik would be a coup, excellent player who outshone the likes of Ribery and Robben in the Bundesliga last season. You'd expect bigger teams to come in for him though.

If we did get him we certainly wouldn't be a 4-4-2 team, he's not that kind of winger.

Comment

Working...
              X