No announcement yet.

Trapattoni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an interesting one casual...there is a feeling from the grassroots that the fai should have an L on the end of there name. not really 100% clued up on the local game as most of the better known teams are based in dublin or the bigger cities and i'm living in the country-maybe others would have a better perspective of it. there are a lot of sports that take a bigger interest for folk-i.e the gaa and even rugby in some places. we often take huge numbers to qualifing games also so its not just the big comps that we get this support. young players of any kind of decent standard generally get brought over by british clubs and the lge gets left with the rest. poor grounds of a semi-pro level will never entice the crowds in. always a shame to see clubs in trouble in any lge. just my humble and not very expierienced view on the irish lge and i'm sure others have a more realistic outlook on things.
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Should have definitely taken Wes Hoolihan imo, creative player in that midfield that Ireland don't have out there. Time for the younger lads to be eased in to the international scene, our very own Frankie Sutherland, Watford's Sean Murray , and a very special talent in Jack Grealish ( although only 16) , im sure these three could be given some game time in a new look younger Ireland team.

Comment

Trouble here is Trap is very stubern and stuck in his ways,a bit like Charlton 20 years ago,except he had the luxury of a talented bunch of players.We must get the players playing a passing game again,this hoff the ball into their penalty box is stone age football and unlike years ago when we had big Cas and Neil,now we have Keane and Doyle !.I was amazed at how bad we were,didn't think we would get out of the group but didn't think we would end up with no points,only 1 goal scored and conceding 9,awful awful finals for us,only positive spin media can put on things is how well our fans behaved and how they got behind the team,singing even when we were 4-0 down.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          Trouble here is Trap is very stubern and stuck in his ways,a bit like Charlton 20 years ago,except he had the luxury of a talented bunch of players.We must get the players playing a passing game again,this hoff the ball into their penalty box is stone age football and unlike years ago when we had big Cas and Neil,now we have Keane and Doyle !.I was amazed at how bad we were,didn't think we would get out of the group but didn't think we would end up with no points,only 1 goal scored and conceding 9,awful awful finals for us,only positive spin media can put on things is how well our fans behaved and how they got behind the team,singing even when we were 4-0 down.
          Problem is you can only work with what you got, its the same as England, everyone wants sexy tipy tapy football , but we simply dont produce that sort of player over here, not many any way. we play a fast direct style over here then when we get to international finals are expected to change our style and play something completely foreign to us.

Comment

Working...
          X